Laser Genetics ND3X50 Review

That's a good indepth report of the nd3x50, but with all those foxes about I think you need me to come and sort them out for you :tongue2::whistling:

I don't think I'll rush out and buy one but it seems like they do have a place for the closer shots. Im now more interested in the range finder and how it works with the nv, is it like a scope with an add on? I don't know whether to go for bino rangefinders or a mono rangefinder any advice?

Both the bino and mono are good, its down to each individuals choice and of course PRICE

The rangefinder works the same way as it does on a day scope, i don't use it to much as i'm just building a gen2 add-on for this , i am a bit concerned with the rangefinders laser as this could do damage to my gen3 tube if used on a regular basis.

I have no farms with game birds on within 5000 acres so no one shoots the foxes, i have a deal with the farmers and thats because a lot of public have chickens and geese in the area which get hammered but the fox helps the farmer by eating the rabbits (yeah right, a good fox is a dead fox)

Also we get the RSPCA dropping them off, they put 500 foxes into the area last year, great fun :gunsmilie:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Laser Genetics ND3X50 Review   I’ve been considering different ways to use a gun mounted light on my .243 for some time, so I could lamp on my own. My friend used a Lightforce gun mount for a bit,

as promised earlier,i took mine out lamping last night.sure enough when i lit up my first two bunnies they crouched down as opposed to bolting which did not help them much with a .17 at 100 yds.great

Went out last night at 22.15pm with a lad called Micheal, he bought the ND3X50 two weeks ago and said he didn't like it so that was a good start he had a sako 223 with a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50, i

That's a good indepth report of the nd3x50, but with all those foxes about I think you need me to come and sort them out for you :tongue2::whistling:

I don't think I'll rush out and buy one but it seems like they do have a place for the closer shots. Im now more interested in the range finder and how it works with the nv, is it like a scope with an add on? I don't know whether to go for bino rangefinders or a mono rangefinder any advice?

Both the bino and mono are good, its down to each individuals choice and of course PRICE

The rangefinder works the same way as it does on a day scope, i don't use it to much as i'm just building a gen2 add-on for this , i am a bit concerned with the rangefinders laser as this could do damage to my gen3 tube if used on a regular basis.

I have no farms with game birds on within 5000 acres so no one shoots the foxes, i have a deal with the farmers and thats because a lot of public have chickens and geese in the area which get hammered but the fox helps the farmer by eating the rabbits (yeah right, a good fox is a dead fox)

Also we get the RSPCA dropping them off, they put 500 foxes into the area last year, great fun :gunsmilie:

I need to seriously consider moving! :laugh:

Would you be able to use a mono rangefinder for spotting at last light like a scope or is the field of view limited?

What would you need to spend on a bino or mono to be happy with the performance for range finding AND spotting?

just to top it off,i have just tried to put the nd3 on another scope but one of the allen key bolts has snapped.never had this happen in all the years i have been messing with scopes the bit has broken off in the scope mount so needs drilling and a new bolt.have told laser genetics and will let you know how i get on.honest i'm not a moaner just want it to do what they claim without breaking.will let you know what customer service is like.

just to top it off,i have just tried to put the nd3 on another scope but one of the allen key bolts has snapped.never had this happen in all the years i have been messing with scopes the bit has broken off in the scope mount so needs drilling and a new bolt.have told laser genetics and will let you know how i get on.honest i'm not a moaner just want it to do what they claim without breaking.will let you know what customer service is like.

That's a bummer, but I guess the quality is utter rubbish on the mount. The back screws on mine look 'chewed' and I'm an engineer ! Its obviously poor quality materials they are using.

I'd also email BSA who are the UK distributor - insist on a new mount ! I'd also email them a link to this thread.

Let us know how you get on.

That's a bummer, but I guess the quality is utter rubbish on the mount. The back screws on mine look 'chewed' and I'm an engineer ! Its obviously poor quality materials they are using.

I'd also email BSA who are the UK distributor - insist on a new mount ! I'd also email them a link to this thread.

Let us know how you get on.

Funny reading this, I was in the shed drilling an optilock mount with a rounded allen key bolt for the easy out to extract the thread earlier. Luckily the rounded screw came out easily for me, I hope you get the same luck if you don't get a replacement off the supplier, good luck! :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

Having used this now since last winter, I thought I'd update:

Only changed the batteries once, and even then, I wasnt sure they needed changed.

I've now got it tuned to operate at around 200yds, and use it once we've picked up eyes with a normal lamp.

Cant see me ever going lamping without it now.

As said before, shame about the mount & cost.

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing the 'ND' on a buds rifle i was tempted , but at £300 it would have to be something special, & could not justify the cost .I looked around at other options & after some home work looking at various led torches & lasers, i bought a 900 lumen , adjustable torch that mounts well to a scope gives a wide beam for spotting, & zooms to 10ft square @ 200yard. Various mounts are available , & with a wingnut & a little modifying these are practical & superb, for on/off & adjustment beam. The rechargable batteries on the torch give ................10hours !! constant beam , unreal. I think the cluson & light force have had there day, for shooters.