Sign in to follow this  
witton

beginner

hi, i would love to go shooting clay pedgeons in or around nottingham but i have no idea how 2 get started or even if i need liscence to go on a shoot... i would really apreciate any information on how i could get started

cheers

Orston ground do lessons for 25 quid each, they usually want you to have 3 lessons for a complete novice untill they are happy for you to have a round on your own, but even then you will have the trapper with you so not totally alone. They should be able to lend you a club gun as well untill you decide which gun you want to buy yourself. All that said, its best if you can go with an experienced friend. All the best its a good crack.

hi, i would love to go shooting clay pedgeons in or around nottingham but i have no idea how 2 get started or even if i need liscence to go on a shoot... i would really apreciate any information on how i could get started

cheers

If you dont get any other offers closer you are welcome to come to our clay shoot at Chesterfield, our next shoot is not till May though.

Regards

Hcc

i would def want to come with you but i dont have a car or anything .. is there any busses from nottingham out those ways

i would def want to come with you but i dont have a car or anything .. is there any busses from nottingham out those ways

I think you would be struggling mate to get a bus to most clay grounds as they are normally in the countryside and not on a bus route. Ours is no where near a bus route. I thought you may have transport.

Surely there are clay grounds near you have you looked on the CPSA website, you may have to get a bicycle or get a lift or something.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

edited to say have a look here

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/find-a-club

Edited by harrycatcat