an invite from nightwish

Hi every one

I popped out last night with nightwish to his new permission, to do some rat control.

He kindly invited me to go over to see what was about! He had already done a recky in the week, and had a word with the owner to where the hot spots were?

They were all around the stables, and muck pile!

We went for a quick zero @ 30yds as Paul is using a falcon prairie .22 we set out a bottle top and a piece of chalk stone, and set about zeroing. Both cal .22 /.177 were bang on, then we just had a chat till it got a bit darker, hoping the corvids would come back! To the fence which they were sat on when we entered the field, but they never did!

Once it was dark enough to use my Aldi night vision monocular! We had a cunning plan.

I would scan the area and once spotted are chosen quarry, I would let Paul know where its location was. I would flick on the lamp and thwack it should be over for Roland.

We sat down on a bench and had the back rest to balance our air rifles on, it wasn’t long before Paul had spotted a runner, but we were to slow! It stayed quiet for a while and we decided to go for a walk around the main stable area, with the monocular glued to my eye as we entered the main area, I spotted a rat go under a stable door.

Down on one knee and we waited patiently for it to show its self, it was out then back in! Then popped its head out again, and ran along the building and stopped! This was are first one of the night!

Where it fell

IMG_0399.jpg

This one falling to the AAS410K .177 @ about 30 yds

After this we went back to the bench and waited, I spotted Roland at the middle stable door just at the right hand side of the door, so I gave Paul all this info as his eye was @ the ocular eye piece so he could vaguely make out where it was! Then the plan was flick on the lamp and thwack.

As we were counting down from 3, 2, 1, flick THWACK! Over it went, this was Paul’s first time quarry kill and a shot I would have been proud to take! Because the rat had only its head out of the bottom of the stable door, and a nice shot placement and instant kill with the .22 cal well done Paul!

IMG_0401.jpg

Here it is ,once we retrieved it!

IMG_0400.jpg

Close up

IMG_0403.jpg

I would deffo say it’s zeroed! Cracking shot Paul!

We stayed here for about another half hour and got another at the far end of the stables

Where it fell

IMG_0406.jpg

Close up

IMG_0405.jpg

I have met Paul on a number of occasions at the HFT club, although he shoots shot gun a lot. He has a really good eye for air gun shooting! And I am glad I was with him when he popped his first quarry cherry “or should I say Roland’s brain†I hope to get another invite with chaz along and we can start to introduce Paul in to the “chaz n Dave†air gun quarry shooting fraternity lol, we will have to watch out in future for Paul at the H.F.T, I don’t think it will be long before he is up with us or even taking over us??

Thanks again Paul for the invite

Regards

Davy

• Like 2

hi davy, nice one mate!! top photo is another gory special then mate, you seem to have had some real bloody shots lately what with that rabbit recently too buddy-definitely killing em there!!

fair play for taking nightwish's cherry too. :blink: err............

all the best, wurz

Very nice write up there Davy and well done to you for getting out and having some fun on them rats.

Cracking photos

Cracking shooting and shot placement.

SPA

ATB

Si

• Like 1