• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few pals are [bANNED TEXT] into them and one got placed last year in a big comp, he flys over manchester and he judges some sundays, i went along and watched it once it was ok but i fecked my neck looking up into the sky for hours watching dots :11:

WELL LUCKY ,

LIKE YOU , I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE ROLLER BUG AGAIN AFTER 20 YRS !!!

LOFTS ARE STILL IN THE DESIGN STAGE :D AND THE FEELERS ARE BEING PUT OUT FOR BROOD STOCK ...... HAVING A TRIP OVER TO SMOGGY LAND SHORTLY TO SEE SOME TOP CLASS FLYERS IN ACTION ..... HOPEFULLY PICK UP A FEW TIPS AND PUT SOME ORDERS IN FOR A FEW PAIR :D .

I HAVE JUST BEEN READING DEXTERS BOOK ,....WINNING WITH SPINNERS ......REALLY ENJOYED IT A GOOD SOUND READ .

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING :big_boss:

i've just bought a new camera so i thought i'd take a couple of pics of some my rollers ;)

A blacksmith up the road from me keeps them and it tickles me watching them fall from the sky, but what's the difference between rollers and tumblers? or is it just the same thing.

tumblers like westies just flick over once or twice but rollers should roll fast and tight with a bit of depth ;)

i was told years ago there was some good tumblers about but like most things the show breeders bred the roll out of them because to them type and colour came first.

do you favour any strain in particular mate ?i keep a bit of a mixture but the yellows are all one strain ;)

WELL LUCKEY ,

IVE GOT A FRIEND WHO HAS THE YELLOWS AND THE CHOCOLATES REALLY NICE TYPE ........... BUT IN THE LITTLE I HAVE SEEN... I REALLY LIKE THE MASON / BEZZANT / HOLE LINES ,.... SEEM GOOD CRISP DEEP ROLLERS , THAT SNAP OUT OF A TIGHT ROLL

BUT THEN AGAIN ...WHAT DO I KNOW ? ......ITS BEEN A LLLLLONG TIME.....AND ITS A STEEP LEARNING CURVE !!!!!!

BY NEXT YEAR I SHOULD BE SET UP ....HOPEFULLY .... I SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH SPACE TO FLY 3 TO 4 GOOD SIZED KITS , PLUS AMPLE BROOD STOCK SPACE

ONE THINGS SURE .....THERES BUCKET LOADS OF INFO ON THE BIRMINGHAM ROLLER ON THE WEB ............TROUBLE IS THE MORE I READ THE MORE CONFUSED I GET !!! :blink:

ALL THE BEST

i know a few lads that swear by the bezzance strain but i have never kept any myself but i can swear by the morris hole stuff aswell as the barrat strain if pure.

this year i have introduced some lenihan and kitson based birds and there going very well at the moment apart from a couple that rolled down :)

HEY LUCKY ,

A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS FOR YER !

YOUR KIT BOXES .... WHAT SIZE ,DESIGN , ETC

HOW MANY DO YOU FLY IN A KIT ?.....FROM WHAT IVE SEEN ....I SEEM TO THINK A KIT OF 30 / 40 ish THEN PICK OUT THE BEST FOR COMPETITIONS ??, REMOVE THE REST TO GET THE BEST ON FORM BIRDS .... TO GET THE 20 FOR COMPETION DAY ....OF COURSE AFTER CULLING .

ALL THE BEST