little bushers to help the lurchers out?

Guest joball

Guest joball

just borrowed a little terrier beagel of my mate for flushin to the lurchers and moochin about, tbh i didnt relize how handy these little dogs can be. what you thoughts on having a handy little busher to help the big dogs out any pics?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good spaniel can do as good as a terrier and can be trained to ahigh standard

i agree with you whin but theres jobs a terrier can do that a spaniel cant vicer versa

Posted Images

Every time mate ive just got myself another russel bitch as some twat stole my last 1 :wallbash:

ive not put up or seen half as much this season in the day without her.. hopefully the new addition

will do the trick :thumbs: She's just 6 months

post-14256-0-34465200-1301859815_thumb.jpg

I love bushing with my 2 my russel has done really well this year, she's caught a couple in the bushes her self( admittedly there only any good for the ferrets or soup lol), works well with the ferrets inc catching hole hoppers, marks well and has done a bit of ratting too. She tries her heart out every time and is quite obediant for a terrier ( this has got beter in the last couple of months). I love the daytime walks with her and my lurcher and next year I've got my brothers lurcher pup too happy days :thumbs:

Definitly the way to go mate cant beat abit of bushin with the terriers.i use to have just lurchers i found they were wondering off trying to find a run on something coming back injured etc now i got terriers the lurchers are more interested in whats going on and marking up bushes waiting for something to pop its head out for a run on. reduced the injuries and found they are more alert and more game as they are always concentrating on whats going on in the bush.suprising how much sport you miss out on without terriers.

atb

Always had a bushing dog around me small type springers for the last 25 years bred from the first springer i got used to have bushing terriers but due to fekin badgers every were and the consequences that can happen pluss i find springers easier to control and enter to working thick cover.

Guest joball

good spaniel can do as good as a terrier and can be trained to ahigh standard

no one said they never whin, i have friend who had one years ago and he tells me it was dynamite on flushing fox and didnt mind the sharp end either they all have a place terrier spaniel whatever they are :thumbs:

sorry to here about your little jack rogue some real bad uns out there, glad to here you picked yourself up and are giving another a go :thumbs:

penda good luck with her mate.

Edited by joball

my mate i just met on here has hound x russel best working bushing dog i ever seen and i used to work 9 hounds brought my pupo on leaps and bounds cheers greg and if you breed count me in fxxk her in doors see you monday :gunsmilie:

Main difference for me between spaniel and terriers for cover work (in favour of terriers) is that they give tongue. Which if working HEAVY cover or forestry blocks, is real f*****g handy. Having said that i love spaniels, but most are ruined for owt else if run all the time, and straight off with lurchers.