Air Arms Pro Sport.

Hi, just starting pest control and small game hunting.( got myself a permission, working in a country pub really helps ;) ) I've been shooting in my back garden for a while but only with a crappy smk. Time to step up a level. I've been looking for rifles and reading many reviews over and over again! And i've come down to 2 rifles, the air arms pro sport walnut in 177 and the bsa scorpion t10 tactical. both have amazing reviews and new awesome!! I love the look of the pro sport and it has good power and awesome accuray but apparently weighs a ton and if held wrong, accuracy falls! The t10 is a sleek sexy gun and has amazing accuracy and isn't too heavy. But some reviews say it has a low power rating. I'd liek to know which one i should buy as there is a fairly big price difference as the t10 is pcp and arounf 550 plus 140 for pump 80 for bipod where as the prosport is 500 and all you need is pellets. can anyone help me decide what's better?

cheers henry :)

Both .177 & .22 will do exactly the same job, only difference is the pellets trajectory. So if i we were you i would get a .177 as you are more likey to hit a target if you do not know the exact range.

In terms if guns i would choose between the prosport and the air arms s410 as they are a VERY well known rifle and VERY accurate ( search for scotty46845 on youtube (me) ) and you will see how accurate these rifle are. Cost £500

Springer or pcp - well u decide

Recoil = no bipod / no recoil = bipod

Single shot / multishot mag

no refill gear / refill gear

List goes on but one thing will tell you is that i love my pcp but i wish i had a back up springer aswell.

But if i were u and had enough money i would get an s410

Also matey where do you live as someone close might be able to take you out for days hunt and shoe you some rifles

Atb

Scott

Pro Sport every time for me, as already stated, I had one and also regret selling mine!. However, have you considered the S200 or a HW95K? I've also owned both, very light, very accurate and if you are out for the day your arms won't feel like lead.

Back to the Pro Sport, in my opinion the weight of this rifle puts folk off, but you will get used to it, I used to carry a small sand filled dummy with me on a long day to use as a rest on fence posts and the like :thumbs:

cheers guys for all your help :)

I still haven't decided but i think i'm going to get the pro sport, do a little bit of hunting and if needed i'll buy the t10 after :)

Also i've been reading loads of posts about JB John Bowkett for blueprinting rifles. but i can't seem to find his website (if he has one) would it be worth getting the pro sport blueprinted saving me buying a t10 plus all the charging gear etc?

Henry.

HW 97 in Synthetic stock, German Quality or Pro sport, British Quality take your pick both top Gun makersgunsmilie.gifgunsmilie.gif Start with a Springer then when you get good with it Progress to a PCP.

Also cheaper no charging equipment needed. People who can shoot springers have no problems shooting PCP's but people who only shoot PCP's do tend to Struggle mastering how to shoot springers.

See some of the top shots on this forum i.e Pianoman "Simon", Zini 'Si, And a load of other Superb shots, like everything its Practice.

ATB DAZ.biggrin.gif

HW 97 in Synthetic stock, German Quality or Pro sport, British Quality take your pick both top Gun makersgunsmilie.gifgunsmilie.gif Start with a Springer then when you get good with it Progress to a PCP.

Also cheaper no charging equipment needed. People who can shoot springers have no problems shooting PCP's but people who only shoot PCP's do tend to Struggle mastering how to shoot springers.

See some of the top shots on this forum i.e Pianoman "Simon", Zini 'Si, And a load of other Superb shots, like everything its Practice.

ATB DAZ.biggrin.gif

Yeah, i think i'm going to get the pro sport :) it's just too beautiful! i've got a hawke map pro at the moment but i fancy getting a new one, possibly a side winder or something. can you recommend a scope for the pro sport in 177.

There are a few reasons why i want the pro sport over anything...

1. sooo beautiful.

2. seriously accurate in the right hands.

3. no charging equipment etc.

4. cheaper than post pcp's.

5. can use 177. jsb poly mag predators. (don't fit in autoloaders)

6. Awesome for both hunting a field target.

many many more reasons :)

Cheerz for all the help though guys, last thing though...anyone got a website for JB?

thanks, henry.

Edited by Henners93

jsb poly mag predators??they any good then? not heard of them :no: some one will be along in a mo to tell me im sure.

yeah, they are awesome. 8.5gr in 177. so not to heavy and deadly on impact! 16gr in 22. i think but also deadly accurate even in my crappy springer. they are huge pellets with a nice plastic point inserted in the tip. supposed to be the best hunting pellet around.

henry.

ATB DAZ.biggrin.gif

Yeah, i think i'm going to get the pro sport :) it's just too beautiful! i've got a hawke map pro at the moment but i fancy getting a new one, possibly a side winder or something. can you recommend a scope for the pro sport in 177.

1. sooo beautiful.

Cheerz for all the help though guys, last thing though...anyone got a website for JB?

thanks, henry.

Hi Henry.

A scope for a Prosport.

Have a look at what Bushnell have to offer. I have a Banner 6-18x50 and a Scopechief 4-14x50 for my TX200HC .177 and they are beautiful to shoot with. Have a look at their Trophy scope series too.

If you need mildots, the Hawke SR6 reticle is very good for .177. The Map Pro you have should be fine. SR12 reticle is purposely designed for .22 but, you can adapt it for .177 calibration. The SR12 6-18x44 is a beauty.

Thanks for the kind compliment Daz! :thumbs:

All the best.

Simon

ATB DAZ.biggrin.gif

1. sooo beautiful.

thanks, henry.

Hi Henry.

A scope for a Prosport.

Have a look at what Bushnell have to offer. I have a Banner 6-18x50 and a Scopechief 4-14x50 for my TX200HC .177 and they are beautiful to shoot with. Have a look at their Trophy scope series too.

If you need mildots, the Hawke SR6 reticle is very good for .177. The Map Pro you have should be fine. SR12 reticle is purposely designed for .22 but, you can adapt it for .177 calibration. The SR12 6-18x44 is a beauty.

All the best.

Simon

cheers Simon :)

I still can't decide what i want. i keep changing my mind, i don't want to buy the pro sport and end up regret not buying the bsa t10 tactical. I love the look of the pro sport but i've read a few reviews about spring twang and i'm too nooby to take it apart and re lube it as i won't know how to put it back together.

grrr it's annoying :p

I'll take a look at those scopes though as a good looking scopes makes a pro sport to die for! :)

cheers henry.

Just looked at the bushnell one, it's gorgeous...little bit out my price range though. is it spring gun rated as i don't want to spend that much then ruin it?

Edited by Henners93

ATB DAZ.biggrin.gif

1. sooo beautiful.

thanks, henry.

Hi Henry.

A scope for a Prosport.

All the best.

Simon

cheers Simon :)

I still can't decide what i want. i keep changing my mind, i don't want to buy the pro sport and end up regret not buying the bsa t10 tactical. I love the look of the pro sport but i've read a few reviews about spring twang and i'm too nooby to take it apart and re lube it as i won't know how to put it back together.

grrr it's annoying :p

I'll take a look at those scopes though as a good looking scopes makes a pro sport to die for! :)

cheers henry.

Just looked at the bushnell one, it's gorgeous...little bit out my price range though. is it spring gun rated as i don't want to spend that much then ruin it?

Also, i just looke dup an easy guide to stripping the pro sport. What's the nest thing to do? completely wipe and polish the spring, piston etc then lightly lube them? and what is the best lube to use?

cheers henry

Hi Henry.

Well, the Prosport is a very smooth shooting rifle straight out of the box. Just like a tuned special. You will not encounter recoil problems with your scope's retical getting damaged. Also, I've had both my TX200 rifles for ten years and neither have required any major strip-down overhaul. The springs are the originals fitted by the factory and there is not a note of twang on firing, after thousands of shots each. I cannot see things being different with the Prosport Henry. I heard someplace many moons ago not to use a sillicone based oil for servicing, but, more skilled technical blokes will put you straight what to use.

I just shoot em. I never fix them myself. :thumbs:

Simon

Hi Henry.

Well, the Prosport is a very smooth shooting rifle straight out of the box. Just like a tuned special. You will not encounter recoil problems with your scope's retical getting damaged. Also, I've had both my TX200 rifles for ten years and neither have required any major strip-down overhaul. The springs are the originals fitted by the factory and there is not a note of twang on firing, after thousands of shots each. I cannot see things being different with the Prosport Henry. I heard someplace many moons ago not to use a sillicone based oil for servicing, but, more skilled technical blokes will put you straight what to use.

I just shoot em. I never fix them myself. :thumbs:

Simon

Thanks again simon :)

I think if i were to get it serviced i'd try and send it to jb for a blueprint and vmach kit. if i'm gunna get it done then i might aswell get it done properly. but that only if it starts to play up.

do you have a website for john bowkett? as i can't find one anywhere. Or even any other well know proffesional?

cherrs henry.

Edited by Henners93