Right people as i started this thread it feels my place to upload a picture lol... finally took myself to the local firearms dealer and purchased a black widow on friday morning was out for about 2 hrs and came face to face with a pigeon. A nice clean neck shot i was chuffed .

post-60612-0-31505200-1301825119_thumb.jpg

Ive also started to mess about making my own catapults. luckily i came across some old cieling fan fittings (Perfect shape) after attaching the theraband the results were deadly!!

post-60612-0-92541500-1301825377_thumb.jpg

Any advice on elastic/handle size would be great because when i fire the catty if flicks back and doesnt half do some damage to your hand and fingers!

thanks

staffy

right bud what you can do is drill one hole above your hand grip put a long thin bolt through add a bit of leather belt to bolt then screw it to base of catty handle so it covers your knuckles at the front of catty,,look at fox carp catty for idears :thumbs:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot this pidgeon at about 45 feet up with 6mm black square and a .457 lead ball,and some people think 6mm black does'nt have enough poke? Would'nt want one in the earhole myself,lol

100_0406.jpg

100_0407.jpg

Never knew what hit it,had to push my finger a bit,doesnt make that big a hole,but the ball passed clean through the pidgeon.

• 2 weeks later...

post-60262-0-23084100-1301914210_thumb.jpg

just wondered if any of you catapult fanatics/masters have any hunting pictures in which you would like to share?

thanks

Staffy

heres a rabbit i shot with my alloy gamekeeper catty, head shot from about 30 foot with a 12mm lead ball

nice kill mate big rabbit

Hi Jack,

Im using .457 lead balls,make them myself with a Lee mould,about 11.5mm in diameter and 140grains.

100_0353.jpg

These in the pic.

For the best results mate,you need to use a weight of ball suited to your elastic,ill take accuracy over raw power any day.

Hi Jack,

Im using .457 lead balls,make them myself with a Lee mould,about 11.5mm in diameter and 140grains.

100_0353.jpg

These in the pic.

For the best results mate,you need to use a weight of ball suited to your elastic,ill take accuracy over raw power any day.

cheers mate i have a barnnet caty what kind of caty do you use. because i am going to get rid of my two other catys

for a milbro i am only 13 and just starting to get an interest in it because i have had a few pops at pheasants but my ammo is just a bit light so if you could tell me what caty you use it would be a big help and where you get them