• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moley. You've always spoken very respectfully of my shooting posts and I thank you for the compliments mate. But now I have some honest good and well-meant advice for you which will help you and your

sod it, time for my ten penneth worth. as far as i can tell, pianoman has always tried to give helpful advice to pretty much anybody, writing detailed, interesting and useful posts. mole, on the ot

Round and round we go......I have a Postie staying with me for a few days so rather than stay on here getting dizzy,im gonna stick some mail in her box.Sweet dreams.

My wife registered on here and was looking to buy an air gun! She found what seemed to be a good deal in Ashford, but we have encountered some problems. He says we can pick it up but he wants a deposit of £100. No problem there, but suddenly his address has moved from Ashford to Strood, the postcode he has given is not for the street address he has stated and he will not provide any phone numbers, we could do with some advice here, how should we proceed? He is also darned slow in replying to any private messages we leave! Only seems to be on in the mornings!

There have been some problems before with scammers, what do other people think?

Sounds like good advice, should the OP report it to the mods? I forgot to suggest that!

On second thoughts this guy should stick with his Hatstand..f**k knows what might happen if he had a real rifle in his hands... :tongue2:

Ahhh now I see. Thank you Andy!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

On Sunday I held my s200 in the damaged hand.. now the damage is to the thumb and index finger nerves, because of the grip style my thumb had to maintain pressure to hold it, causing pain.. With the thumb hole stock the pressure is eased and thus pain not so bad.. With a bipod a piece of p..s

Mary if you are reading this, it sounds like you need to re-examine your shooting style.

At no time can I ever remember using my thumb and index finger of either hand as a support against the weight of the rifle. My shoulder and forehand do the job of support while my left, controlling hand gently supports with the palm at the swell, three lower fingers around the grip and thumb resting up the wrist or back of the grip and trigger finger gently on the blade. A correct hold contains no pressure whatsoever, other than the resting weight of the rifle on your leading palm and your shoulder to gently stabilise the butt.

Yayyyyyyy!!!

I thought I had missed the meltdown but got to read it after all.

What a pair oh loonies. Lots off pish talked but not many kills to show for it.

Maybe the best thing you both could do is get rid of the pc`s and actually get out shooting.

Mike and Mary ?? Mungo and Midge more like.

Atb

Right folks, final burst on this topic and THL as a whole, I reported the muppet Lurcherman2011 as he was trying to scam me and several other users on this site. He was advertising a gun which is hard to find and which is one my wife could use without too much pain! Some small thing isn't it, trying to get a rifle you can shoot with? He also advertsied a ferret finder, which at least one other user was going to buy. We managed to stop some poor guy losing £120 to a scammer.

We wanted to warn. Then the TAPS Pianoman goes off on his lttle blast about buying from a gun shop. We tried to find a super ten in a gun shop, not much about unless we fancied a blasted trip to Devon! OK, so we warned people and get the vitriol of a piece of used Andrex who is obviously jealous as hell that someone can afford to sell a gun for what they paid for it to get a different gun! Fine, I understand that he has a lot of knowledge on shooting, but he bears the true signs of the founding fathers of the RAF Regiment!

Mole I have spoken to you in the past via pm and had a very civilised conversation with you,I thought you where a sound guy and came across as reasonable and knowledgeable but to start a thread with a bogus account and then have a conversation with yourself seems a very strange way of warning people of a potential scammer I hope the mods see sense and remove this thread again it serves no purpose and I am afraid paints you in a very bad light.

Atb Dan

Right I think this has gone far enough.. If I had known that Mike had start up another member to highlight a scammer, Then I would have advised against it. I admit I think it was unwise and foolish.

But it has to be view in the correct context.. Mike was trying to warn others as to a possible con, whilst double checking.

Simon, thanks for your advice re holding a rifle, but please note that the S200 has a 90 degree grip style, so the butt doesn't rest on your palm.

I'm not a loony.. But a protective, supportive wife.

I've received numerous PMs of support, alot criticisng Pianaman, describing him as an outspoken bully.

Andy, Thank you for trying to keep a lid on it..

Now the time has come to put on end to this tread, and the ridicule of Moley and myself.

I'm glad this has amused some, but it ends now..

Edited by Mrs Mole

It was done to appear to the scammer that Mole and doulbeo6 were different people, I had to try and keep him on the boil in case he was based in the UK and could be arrested for fraud! OK it may seem unusal but sometimes you have to be furtive to get the scammers, by the way, Mrs M managed to get herself a superten, fairly locally and boy is it tasty!

It was done to appear to the scammer that Mole and doulbeo6 were different people, I had to try and keep him on the boil in case he was based in the UK and could be arrested for fraud! OK it may seem unusal but sometimes you have to be furtive to get the scammers, by the way, Mrs M managed to get herself a superten, fairly locally and boy is it tasty!

Moley, what have I told you? You're not supposed to lick the fecking things, it makes them all slimy and difficult to shoot!

I bet a thousand pounds to a bucket of pig p1ss that your a curtain twitcher :laugh: :laugh:

"My name is Michael Pain and I'm a nosey neighbour" :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRcZPna1rDI