• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moley. You've always spoken very respectfully of my shooting posts and I thank you for the compliments mate. But now I have some honest good and well-meant advice for you which will help you and your

sod it, time for my ten penneth worth. as far as i can tell, pianoman has always tried to give helpful advice to pretty much anybody, writing detailed, interesting and useful posts. mole, on the ot

Round and round we go......I have a Postie staying with me for a few days so rather than stay on here getting dizzy,im gonna stick some mail in her box.Sweet dreams.

Thanks Fry,

Got your email and I'll drop you a line when my heads functioning again :oops:

Got very erratic broadband at the moment and costing me silly amounts, need to find the library in this place :)

Take care

welcome mr good luck at the target shoot :thumbs:

OK people, now to give you the full information on what happened. My wife replied to his advert, he said it was hers, he wanted a £100 deposit. He originally said he was in Ashford. When he gave us his address details it was for a Ramada Inn in Strood. The street address he gave was nowhere near the postcode he gave. Further more the street address does not appear to have the number house which he gave. Furthermore he gave a sort code for a Nat West which was 100s of miles away from the address he gave. When pressed for a phone number he refused to give one.

After many attempts to get a reply he finally contacted me this morning to say the gun was sold. I am sorry but this smells more than a rotten herring. It appears to be a scam, attempted fraud. So folks, the OP of the advert was a guy called Lurcher-man2011. Needless to say double06andthreequarters is a nom de plume (posh french for another identification), as some of you correctly guessed this is secretagentmole! I would advise extreme caution when dealing with Lurcherman2011 and you should only meet face to face and do not pay any deposits!

Edited to say I have also placed a wanring advising extreme caution, no deposit to be paid and deal face to face only on his other advert. I hate scammers!

Edited by double06andthreequarters

Mole,

You do realise that you can be banned for having multiple accounts for a single person :icon_eek:

I'd suggest you ask either Sean or Jasper to remove this one :yes:

Tony

Aye up Tony.

Nice to see you......to see you nice :thumbs:

PM on its way buddy :yes:

ATB.

Bill.

Moley.

You've always spoken very respectfully of my shooting posts and I thank you for the compliments mate. But now I have some honest good and well-meant advice for you which will help you and your good wife's shooting enormously.

Why don't you just stop this constant attempt at getting something for next to nothing and posting up every fart and sneeze you have in your persuit of it. Focus on getting a decent, hunting air rifle like most of us do, from a good gunshop who will welcome your business and support you practically with what you need, and get out practicing and hunting with it.

You have shot just three rabbits as far as I can see here and yet, in just a few months, you've gone through more f*****g guns and more money to finally arrive at a decent rifle that is capable of bagging them, than most of the lads here will see in a lifetime.

Both of you could have had change out of the price of a couple of blisteringly great rifles and scopes, some practical cammo clothing and got seriously into the shooting sport, for what you've spent on low-end webbleys and Diana 280s and that pile of Hatstand shite and useless cammo NBC suits and swanned around like the fu*king Toytown SAS.

I want to read about your hunting and shooting forays and what you got up to. Your triumphs and set-backs and the howling missed shots and the brilliant kills alike. There are some bloody fine lads here who will help out in any way with sound advice on whatever tech problem or query you have. Not just myself, I don't know everything mate, but I'll have a go at helping you or anyone who needs it. That's what we want to read about.

Not some pathetic attempt to buy a gun cheap off a shady geezer on the internet going wrong. Of course you will get scammed. That's what scammers do and the net is where you will find them!

Why are you so shocked and surprised when a donkey kicks you?!!

Just think you need to know. Your current methods are not very cost effective for a fella who clearly likes a bargain :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

Edit to add. Here's an example. I have a ten year old Weihrauch HW80 .22. I bought it brand new in September 2000 and a new Simmons Whitetail Classic 4.5-14x40 scope. The combo cost me about £500. I pay a bit more as I'm a lefty. From my shooting diaries, I reckon it has shot over 10,000 rabbits and over 2,000 rats. A few Squirrels and a good few hundred Mink.

It's as fine a rifle now as ever it was new. I still shoot with it and the Simmons scope is still sharp as a razor.

Thousands of happy memories and great shooting for about £500.

I'd call that a bargain! :thumbs:

Damm I forgot, there must be about a good 4,000+ woodpidgeon, ferrals and Corvids claimed by it too

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 4

Thank you Simon, (you Diplomat you!)

For putting across what I (and I am sure we are not alone) was thinking in a very polite and straight forward manor.

I was initially similar to Mr & Mrs Mole. Until I came upon (and I know the reputation of Chinese guns) and purchased a second hand SMK XS19. I've put hundreds of bunnies in the bag with that, then decided to see what the fuss was about PCP's.

I purchased a dirt cheap AA S200 in .22 and have never looked back. I still like to shoot the SMK, because its a darn fine copy of the gamo hunter and the HW 35 or something like that.

I have shot a range of PCP's and Springers but as someone here pointed out "learn to become one with your gun" swapping and changing wont make you a better Marksman :no: Learning you gun and honing your skills will do :yes:

I also agree, it's the write ups we wish to read, put us the reader behind the butt of your gun and you'll have a following for life :yes:

Tony

ps I've not documented any of my hunts this year, because I've had so few and had other stuff in the way :(

Simon, I had the Hatsan when I came on here, it was a good reliable gun, as was my Stingray, however the tennis elbow problem meant that spring powered rifles were beyond me for shooting, as cocking the gun meant that I was in bleeding agony. This necessitated getting rif of the springers as I could not shoot the damned things! Mrs Mole is facing nerve reconstructive surgery due to the car crash that happened in January, she could not hold the Diana as the weight was too heavy and her wrist could not cope. She has also got virtually no feeling in the thumb and forefinger of her right hand. Hence the PCP route for her. There is a difference in the stocks on the mark 1 and mark 3 S200, she thought she could live with an S200, as the weight was much lighter, but the grip was wrong, something she only found out after a days shooting as the wrist problem can take time to show, like muscle strain.

She likes the grip on the BSA and pronounced it to be better, in the meantime she does still have the mark 3 T200. We have not had more damned rifles than most people go through in a lifetime, we had to get rid of 4 for health reasons, one due to the fact that she found out that she could not live with the grip and before you get on the high horse again and start tinkling the ivories, no damned gun shop will let you stand around all day to see if a gun stock suits your injured hand.

I am just returning to the sport and I do not think I am doing too bad. The Hatsans went to new homes for roughly what we paid for the gun, the scopes were left on, so we lost £30 on each gun. The Diana and scope went for what she paid for it and we lost £30 on the Stingray (so cost of the scope again). She sold the S200 for what she paid for it, it came with a scope so it went with a scope, no loss. I still have my cost effective camo. So far down £90, we do not go to the pub or spend any money in the bookies, so for a hobby like this only losing £90 and that is down to damned health reasons is not too bad.

I put the post up to find out what other people thought and did the work to discover that the guy was all over Strood like measles with a bank account in Nottinghamshire. I then wanted to make others aware that this guy appeared to be as staright as a £9 note.

The internet does not always bite, I got my Super Ten for £230, factoring in a seal kit and service and the filler for the damned air bottle which was missing from the sellers original price that they agreed. Great gun and I like it, I love my new Hatsan and that will be getting a pigeon bashing outing on the new expanded permission I have just got back from walking round (winds about 30mph so did not bother shooting). Mrs Mole shall get a Super Ten and hopefully damned soon.

The thing is this is a place to share information and if I am in danger of getting shot down in flames on a deal and I can realise it, I will ask others their opinion on what is happening. It also serves as a warning so that if it all does collapse into the ashes other people will realise who the perpetrator is and be careful in their dealing with them. There is a time for criticism and this time I think your aim is wide off boy! I was warning people as he had another advert up that people on here may have been interested in, as quite a few have ferrets and polecats and might find a finder and 4 collars useful! However they might find that losing the £120 he wanted to post it off even worse than our experience of something ain't right! We will stick to our buying policy and enjoy it, we ain't losing that much and we now have .177s we love, I have a .22 I love and Mrs Mole is after one of the same sort so she canenjoy it as well.

Just to let you all know, I also ordered a brand new HW100KT .177 yesterday.. I hope you all find that to be a good gun.. Moley has bagged more then 3 bunnies for your knowledge..

T200 .177 is also a good rifle, as is the superten and AT44 W10, none of which are chinese crap..

As for Moleys NBC suit, if he likes it, leave him..

How I spend my hard earned cash is a matter for myself and my husband..

I have changed my S200s, because of the horizontal style grip, this is a manner for me and me alone..

I have read a huge amount of sanctimonious drivel on this forum, I have better things to do with my spare time.

Please remember not everyone can afford HWs, Jack Pyke clothing etc: Some of us can, but just don't want to.. We luckily fall into the latter.. It all comes down to personal choice, please all do me a favour pull your heads out of the clouds and smell the roses..