Seriously before I had to seriously reduce my access to here, the airgun section was known as the boyscouts of the thl :yes:

Granted we do get the odd prick with ears trying to cause trouble, but I dont think that Simon (Pianoman) was actually trying to cause offence :no:

And neither was I, as I said earlier, I was choping and changing my guns until I got a gun that fitted me well and on some forums I got slated BIG time for possessing my 19 :yes: but when the bunnies came up and jumped in my bag with a little 5.5 mm hole between the ear and the eye, people began to leave me alone :thumbs:

What (I think) Simon was saying was, rather than tell us about what you have and what you hope to achieve with a bargain lets see what you do achieve :yes: be it on paper or on quarry. It matters not what gun you have, hatsan AA or daystate, if you persevere with it and become proficient the critics will quietly leave you alone and eventually as they did me, accept and more importantly appreciate your input :toast:

Tony

Tony what part of I had to give up springers did you not understand? I suffer horrendous tennis elbow, the action of coking a springer after 5 reloads left me virtually unable to fire it. My elbow felt like some swine had plunged red hot pokers into it. I had 2 spring rifles, my beloved old 60S and a Stingray Mark II. It was during the ownership of the Stingray that my tennis elbow really flared, it has been put down to my beach casting and Symvastatin (an anti cholesterol drug that has other benefits for insulin injecting diabetics). I had to give up my spring powered rifles, under medical recommendation. I sold all my beach fishing gear to a friend. Luckily we have a boat!

I have had 2 PCP rifles, direct replacements of my calibres in spring rifles. My lovely Hatsan .177 AT44 W10 and the BSA Super Ten in .22. What exactly am I doing wrong? I have tried some scopes, a Hawke came with the Stingray and we upgraded the scope on the 60S to a Hawke. Any problem with that? OK so it happened quickly, sorry but sometimes medical conditions do develop and exacerbate a damned site more quickly than people would like.

What I take exception to is Simon slamming me not understanding fully what happened to my medical condition, not understanding why I had to give up my beautiful spring powered rifles, why I had to go PCP, why I like what I like and enjoy using without worrying about ripping on brambles £4 camo suits rather than £100 odd Jack Pyke gear. I have had success stalking in my NBC, I know it works, if he does not like the fact I am working my way up on rifles then tough.

I liken my rifle buying to motorcycling, when you learn to ride a bike you buy a cheap one if you are sensible, something like a Honda CG125, not the flashiest, not the best handling, but something that will help you pass a damned bike test, unlike a CBR125, which is basically good for showing off, cannot go much quicker and costs a blasted site more and cannot do a U turn in the road because of poor turning lock. Then if you are over 21 you pass your Direct Access, you sell your CG125 for about what you paid for it, you have spent a little fixing it, keeping it on the road etc, but you make most of your money back. Only a blasted idiot would go out and lash out thousands on a Ducati 999R, you would not be able to handle it, you could not appreciate the handling, the engine, the gears, you would not be able to enjoy what the machine had to offer. Instead you buy a Bandit 600, CB500, ER5, something to learn on as you still are not up to creaming the backside off the Ducati.

Some of us like to ride the Bandits, CB500 and ER5 forever as we can't see the point of buying something we will never really get the chance to use unless we go on a trackday! Then it is 5 laps and figuring out how you can go faster, not what I have a bike for, I have a bike to enjoy the countryside and I have my guns to enjoy shooting, I enjoy my guns and I am never going to want a damned HW100! I don't really like Air Arms, but I do like my Hatsan and my BSA!

Edited to say, now I have a Triumph Trident as well so I have a BSA and a Triumph (as well as having had several triumphs with the BSA)!

Edited by secretagentmole

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moley. You've always spoken very respectfully of my shooting posts and I thank you for the compliments mate. But now I have some honest good and well-meant advice for you which will help you and your

sod it, time for my ten penneth worth. as far as i can tell, pianoman has always tried to give helpful advice to pretty much anybody, writing detailed, interesting and useful posts. mole, on the ot

Round and round we go......I have a Postie staying with me for a few days so rather than stay on here getting dizzy,im gonna stick some mail in her box.Sweet dreams.