Female instructors

I'd like to hear people's opinions on the subject of female instructors for clay shooting. I shoot regularly and like to think that I'm a half decent shot but I'm always struck by the lack of other female shooters. Plenty of ladies turn up to score for their other halves but not many seem inclined to have a go themselves. Not sure whether it's fear of the gun, or the noice or what it is that's putting them off.

I've contacted BASC to see if they have any courses that might be available so I can train to be an instructor - purely with the intention of encouraging other ladies to try the sport. Lots of country shows that have clay shoots that operate 'Have a Go' stands for the general public but I've yet to see one where a lady is instructing. There's usually lots of women watching but very few try it out, maybe this would change if there was a female instructor?? Working on similar lines to lady driving instructors and lady dentists being less frightening than their male counterparts to female customers, perhaps shooting ought to acknowledge that a different approach might encourage a few more people to participate??

Feel free to disagree.......!!

• 4 weeks later...

BASC have at least four female coaches to my knowledge. There is no bar to ldies becoming coaches - you just need the time and dedication to do it.

Four female coaches, and how many male ones?

dunno if it'll encourage the ladies. it might encourage me though..... :icon_eek:

sorry couldn't help that

• 3 months later...