ON THE HILL

Some old pics from my days on the hill ....these were taken on Fealar Estate where I done 3 seasons liveing in the highest house in the uk....It was hard going in the winter living on golden virginia,whisky venison and fresh air

post-23537-0-37779600-1301260505_thumb.jpg

I'll bet that was some life up there!

Get a book written! :thumbs:

Heres a pic of the head stalker Jimmy Lean he is what we call up here a knot of a man he was one hardy old b*****d that at 60 year old could keep up with anyone on the hill ...he is still alive today and I still visit him with a botlle a few times a year he was going to write a book about his times up ther e and call it "Another b*****d of a day "

post-23537-0-25479000-1301302325_thumb.jpg

Hers a pic about late 80s the gentle man second left is one of the owners Mr Teacher of TEACHERS WHISKY he was a gem of a man that is no longer with us the young lass is his daughter with her first stag

post-23537-0-69831700-1301302595_thumb.jpg

Heres one of Jimmy in a snow drift while we were out looking for sheep....the summers were good through to the end of the stags in oct as there were always people in the lodge but the winters were severe to say the least and all we used to do was feed sheep and ponys and craic on shooting hinds but some times the weather was that bad wee couldnt make it out the house ....thats when the whisky would come out and lets just say when the weather was bad it was out more often than not :drink:

post-23537-0-92812300-1301323350_thumb.jpg

Edited by MOO