I currently have a MK1 S200 .22, which I love.. But it hasn't have a safety, when I was loading the mag yesterday I accidentally touched the trigger, the pellent hit a post a piece of wood rebounded straight in my arm from a distance of 5 foot, boy that hurt..

So I thinking of an upgrade, particularly for bunny hunting with Secretagentmole, when my recovery allows, until then a little target shooting to show Mr Moley what I can do, I really have a S200T .177 to do that, I was thinking of the following advice would be welcomed (thinking of buying new):-

S410

S200 - now has safety

Ultra Multishot

Scorpion T10

Any others I should be thinking of? I like carbines and needs to be lighhtweight..

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sweetlips :icon_redface: ...I did have a few concerns when I got my S200 with the "no safety" issue but have found it not to be a problem,If your holding the gun correctly while loading the gun you shouldn't be any where near the trigger,also only loading the gun when needed lessens the chance of a mishap,however if this is just a lame excuse to spend SAMoles money I would go for the AA s410 but give the others a try first to see what fits best. :thumbs:

She has had a serious accident chaps and has virtually no feeling in her thumb and forefinger on her right hand. She knows she made a muck up of loading, but she wants one with a safety for stalking! It's my ass in the firing line here lol! By the way, her money not mine!

One of the most basic rules of gun handleing is don't put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to fire.

I understand about the injury after the car crash but that does not excuse such a basic error. I don't mean to sound harsh but I'm a real stickler for such things, I had it banged in to me from being a very small boy by my Dad who was a weapons instructor in the RAF Regiment....

Sorry Chaps.. I know I made an error, it was my fault, not my injury is a lame excuse.. I would like a rifle with safety to prevent shooting SAMole, as for spending his money, I'd love the chance...

its the first and only time I'll make that error..

Edited by Mrs Mole

Honestly, don't get in to the mind-set of relying on a safety catch. Just like any other mechanical device, they too can fail.

Just concentrate on getting the basics so that they become second nature and it will never be an issue again :thumbs:

My S200 is an oldish rifle, which I love, but I liked the idea of a safety catch. I had put the mag in, I was lifting the rifle to take aim, because of the lack of feeling in the forefinger and thumb, I don't feel my finger nearing the trigger, I made an error, I have never made before. If I had a safety catch I would have engaged it.. I sought the opinion of others with more experience as to the rifle their would choose..

I now feel like an idoit who shouldn't be let near a rifle, for which I thank you, I will sale my rifles, and not trouble you all again..

Bye from Mrs Mole..

Mrs Mole..... Please accept an on-line hug and a kiss from me :kiss:

I wasn't having a go at you and anyone who claims never to have made the odd mistake hasn't really tried much, have they??

You fecked up, you had the good sense to ask for advice and you got some :thumbs: Sleep on it and enjoy your shooting tommorow. I'm not calling you incometent or any other such thing, it's just a simple case of getting the basics right and following a safe code of practice. We ALL feck up in one way or another especially when we're fairly new to something.

Cheers :thumbs:

From your original post you gave me the impression the gun went off just as you had loaded it,now I see it was as you raised the gun to take aim,these things happen and you just have to learn from it.Dont let it put you off,if you want a gun with a safety then get one,but keep shooting. :yes:

Sorry guys, this is my last post on hunting life, I fecked up, yes, but if i can't feel the trigger the best thing to do is give up..

Don't give up, just learn from what happened. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard until the gun's pointing down-range.

Your hand will get better in time, I'm sure..... PLEASE don't let it put you off :blink: