feed them something tasty before you eat them

While in Texas the guy's we stayed with used corn on the cob to feed the boar they kept for catch trial's and training. Good luck and keep us up to speed how you get on. :thumbs-up:

thanks matti i will give it a go and let you know

<!--ImageUrlBegin--><!--ImageUrlEBegin-->DSCF0178.jpg<!--ImageUrlEnd--><!--ImageUrlEEnd-->

Edited by apollo

Appolo,

You could use a corn feeder pipe, sour mash, a cresote post, or sow in heat scent post.

Personnally I perfer the sow in heat and the cresote posts. For some reason the hogs love the smell of creosote and love to rub on it. The posts are very easy to make....useing jute or hemp rope roughly 1 inch thick wrap the rope around a post....(a tree will work as well).....from ground level up about two feet, securing with a hangmans knot. This way there are no ends for the pigs to play with. Pour cresote or sow i heat scent over the rope. We would set these up on the edge of cover and shoot from high seats...or if in the open we would make a scaffold tower out of one to two sections.

If you want to shoot under light set a couple of solar/ battery powered lights up at the post site with a photo cell activation switch. Be sure to use red lights as these will not put the pigs off.

NTTF

Appolo,

You could use a corn feeder pipe, sour mash, a cresote post, or sow in heat scent post.

Personnally I perfer the sow in heat and the cresote posts. For some reason the hogs love the smell of creosote and love to rub on it. The posts are very easy to make....useing jute or hemp rope roughly 1 inch thick wrap the rope around a post....(a tree will work as well).....from ground level up about two feet, securing with a hangmans knot. This way there are no ends for the pigs to play with. Pour cresote or sow i heat scent over the rope. We would set these up on the edge of cover and shoot from high seats...or if in the open we would make a scaffold tower out of one to two sections.

If you want to shoot under light set a couple of solar/ battery powered lights up at the post site with a photo cell activation switch. Be sure to use red lights as these will not put the pigs off.

NTTF

A good mate of ours has a mate coming over from germany in a few weeks and he is going to bring us some post rub to try