PDSA as bad as RSPCA!

Guest bullterrier

The bloke has made £40k plus selling plywood catapults and hasn't got enough money to pay for his own vet bills? :wallbash:

If the PDSA had paid for this leach then how many deserving pensioners would have been turned away? :thumbdown:

Scroungers are scroungers. That fat bugger must spend more than the cost of insurance on food each week :whistling:

Save yer sympathy for someone who deserves it.

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate to be the one that throws a negative comment in here ..... BUT ....... i fail to see why people RELY on the PDSA. Yes vets bills are expensive, but IMO the moment you decide to get a dog, you a

BULLY FOR YOU, WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT SITUATIONS AND IN TODAYS CLIMATE WORK AND MONEY CAN BECOME SCARSE, MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS MIGHT BE GOOD ADVICE FOR YOU.

Just to add, you might be young Hannah and not had your life turned upside down by trauma, i hope you stay lucky, but its not nice judging people whom you do not know as you have no idea of there circ

The bloke has made £40k plus selling plywood catapults and hasn't got enough money to pay for his own vet bills? :wallbash:

If the PDSA had paid for this leach then how many deserving pensioners would have been turned away? :thumbdown:

Scroungers are scroungers. That fat bugger must spend more than the cost of insurance on food each week :whistling:

Bit strong that, what's your story then?

Bit strong that, what's your story then?

Story? I ain't got a story.....

Anyone with half a brain can see just what Mrfishfish is. Just take a look at his website and forum....

As I said earlier, a scrounger is a scrounger.

• Like 4

How many times to folk have to read the tales of f*****g misery before they spend a fiver a week on some decent insurance?

If you are going to own a working lurcher, I dont think a packet of fags a week is too much to insure it gets the very best care in case the worst happen.........if you had decent cover with petplan, you dont have to f**k around with silly small animal Vets who aint got a clue what they are doing......just get the animal referred to the best and bobs your uncle.

And if you cant manage to couple of quid a week to look after treatment then at least have the balls and the decency to put a bullet in the poor c**t instead of f*****g around half cocked looking to do stuff on the cheap!

You always see posts on here of idiots pissing and moaning about "my beloved dog broke its leg and the nasty vets want a nice few quid to fix it".........yeah, you love the animal that much you cant do right by it.

Vets go to school for 7 years, why the f**k should they give some clown something for nothing?......I bet a good percentage of these dicks can find money for the lotto or a few can of beer every week.

f**k sake boys and girls, get with the programme huh!!!

Amen to that !! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:thumbs:

I have to say, Im lucky, I can afford to pay for monthly insurance for my dogs and Ive certainly had my moneys worth over the years. The PDSA is supposed to be there to help people who cant pay for dogs which they care for, I wonder how many people on the nash have dogs and where would they go if people who couldnt afford vet bills all got rid of their dogs? Fishfish, I hope you never have another experience like this one, it must have been awful.

• Like 1

99% of thing gnasher says i agree with however if his view was the case then all but the wealthiest 5/10% of people would only have kids now doeshaving money make you a better person than the next does it make you more deserving ? i agree with some have the attitude of someone will sort it out thats in all walks of society but again if you couldnt beg steel or borrow what would you do leeve the dog in agony for the sake of pride when the dog can still have a pain free decent life?

Spot on how many could really afford children if it wasn't for family allowance/tax credits ETC good job the NHS is free

The NHS is not free. It is paid for by the tax paying public.

• Like 1

anyone unemployed or claiming benefits should by law not be allowed a dog.and i no snob brought up in atrailer and worked my arse off.

I work part time so can i have 1 dog :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: You can have 1/2 of a dog

Depending on how many hours she clocks up......maybe 3/4?

when i was working i paid for all my vet bills now am not, what shall i do....get rid? but i do see both sides here..

I think you know the answer to that mate, you dig deep.

When they banned pitbulls in this country there were men tieing there dogs to the police stations lamp post.

When the credit crunch hit home people were throwing there dogs to the street.

When the dog didnt catch a hare ive heard storys of men jumping in the car and fookin off without the dog. (weve all heard these storys.

In my house our dogs really are part of our family and from time to time ive had to claim benefits etc (so fooking what) get over it FFS. I Payed for it when i went back to work man.

This thread has turned into a witch hunt for a few to knock another man (never good for any forum as negetivity breeds negetivity.

I do see both sides of this coin.

D (WTF) am i doing back on this thread??

• Like 1

as you will all know ime no fan of the rspca,well now this encompasses the PDSA! yesterday our dogs scrapped over one of many beef bones in the run,result being our new dog brin loses an eye,first off we thought it was just swollen due to a close bite,but today when bathing the eye it became apparent the orb had been punctured,so we look up the nearest PDSA animal hospital,having seen them on the telly showing what good eggs they are helping injured animals etc we thaught it the best bet.

so we all piled in the car and used the last of our weeks fuel to travel the 30 miles to the PDSA animal hospital at Bristol,we arived with the dog in pain and none to happy,went to the receptionist and told her we has a dog with a nasty injury,she was snotty from the start,she asked for our post code and i gave it,she told me that we lived outside the area they would cover which basically was just Bristol and bath and that i should go see the RSPCA down the road ,you can just imagine my response! i asked if they had the post code for them so i could get there with the sat nav,she said no but gave us their phone number,a vet looked at the dog and said they would not treat it in any way even pain killers.we phoned the rspca and told them the story and they said they too could not help as they only treat dogs from the local area,when told there was no centre near us the responded that if we donated some cash it might help open more centres !

so after all this and the extra time the dog was suffering we ended up going to the dogs last home ,luckily it was the mother inlaw,she took it to the vet that it was originally registered with where it was seen immediately,the vet was disgusted yet not supprised at the way these charities refused help to an injured animal,so the vet is treating the dog now and billing the pdsa £600 for it too.

so when these feckers come rattling a tin in front of me i shall tell them to shove it up their arses! cnuts to a man,animal welfare my arse.

pdsa.pngpdsa2.png

we all get stuck for cash and fall on hard times but the dog was your mother in laws, and she had the cash to pay for treatment . why didnt you just ask her for help in paying in the first place and ask her if you could pay her back when you could ,dog could have been seen by a local vet and not suffered so long ,im not working at the moment so have no cash but i wouldnt drive round for hours trying to get free treatment it would be fast calls to raise the funds so i could take it to my vets ,if not explain to my vets the situation and some good vets let you pay your bill off in installments . anyway hope your dogs ok now and lessons learnt from this and best keep your new dog away from your others when food is concerned

Politics and hidden agendas of animal charities aside, it's your dog, if you can't afford veterinary treatment without relying on the pdsa, then maybe you shouldn't have one.

Or here's a thought, insurance, what does it cost, 12-15 quid a month, they're your dogs therefore your responsibility.

exactly what i was going to say

Just been looking in to getting my bitch insured. Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company that they have claimed from without hassel? Do you list your dogs as working dogs? I am quite happy to pay up to £30 a month if needed

Just been looking in to getting my bitch insured. Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company that they have claimed from without hassel? Do you list your dogs as working dogs? I am quite happy to pay up to £30 a month if needed

Insure the dog as a mongrel, if you don't have much cash put to one side the you'll need one which pays the vet direc like pet plan.

Costs about £14 a month.

Edited by shepp

Have just (10 minutes ago) insured Finn with Tesco (I got 2 months free Pet Plan when I got him vaccinated and chipped).

Had 2 choices with Tesco, with £120 excess, standard cover was £7 a month, extra cover was £12 a month.

Anyone that doesn't pay that and risks the huge bills vets can charge must be mad!

A packet of 20 fags is £6.50 these days ..............