pulsar challenger gs1x20 add on scope help requested

pulsar challenger gs1x20 add on scope.what is the best scope for attaching add on.i have tried several scope but these have had all had a fast focus eyebell,or illumination switch , which means the add on is only supported on the outer ring on eyebell.i am looking for a scope where there is no rear fast focus eyebell and has side parallax adjustment .any advice welcome.

Search the forums mate:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/188239-pulsar-challenger-gs-1x-20

Just realised, this was your original topic, werent any of the scopes on the list any good then :hmm:

i tried two scopes a ,hawke and simmons , but could not get a clear view of crosshairs.both scopes did not have side parallax .i have tried a leapers 3x9x44 illuminated model but the fast focus adjustment on back means there is very little room to attach add on since with switch is in the way when the ao is adjusted close to main tube and because it is profiled for grip the add on does not seem to be tight and the crosshair centre was not clearly as visible as the rest of reticle.i do not know if it is because i was using a cluson with ir filter as opposed to a n ir n100 laser,or if it is better to try a different scope with no fast focus on the back. i was going to try a nikko sterling nighteater 4x16 x50 and buy a n 100 ap laser to see if reticle is more clearer.any advice welcome.

dogvixen01, The nikko sterling nighteater 4-16x50 works well :thumbs:

is there any good tips in order to set up a good clear reticle or is just a case of perservering.is it easier to view reticle using an ir laser like n100 ap or a cluson with ir filter.,or it does not matter which one you use.thanks for any help.

I was having trouble with my illuminated ret scope getting the cross hairs perfect, but as you say the add on wouldn't fit properly because of the housing. I bought the same make scope yesterday with a slightly thicker ret and it made all the difference to focusing the ret. Im going out tonight to test the new scope on a few rabbits but last night it looked really promising.

I wouldn't say it would make any difference whether you use a lamp with IR or laser for setting up the add on, as long as they are pointing where your scope is looking.

In my experience the ret can make it difficult to focus if it's extemely fine, but I know of others with the same ret which I had trouble with had no problem with it themselves.

I was having trouble with my illuminated ret scope getting the cross hairs perfect, but as you say the add on wouldn't fit properly because of the housing. I bought the same make scope yesterday with a slightly thicker ret and it made all the difference to focusing the ret. Im going out tonight to test the new scope on a few rabbits but last night it looked really promising.

I wouldn't say it would make any difference whether you use a lamp with IR or laser for setting up the add on, as long as they are pointing where your scope is looking.

In my experience the ret can make it difficult to focus if it's extemely fine, but I know of others with the same ret which I had trouble with had no problem with it themselves.

finally sorted at last.in order to get a good picture it is a case of adjusting all available scope and nv adjustments .it takes a lot of time and patience.the problem with the leapers was in order to get clear picture the fast focus eye bell was right in which then interfered with the nv add on clamp,by it being in contact with the ir switch.thanks to everyone for your help and advice.i have now got a nighteater 4x16x50 scope fitted with the pulsar.

• 2 months later...

I put my Challenger on my rimmy, pest control on a footie pitch. Shot 1 rabbit at 47 paces, 1 rabbit at 98 paces & another a bit further to 1 side of the 98 paced rabbit.

Not bad for a cheap gen1 addon :thumbs:

Bry

I put my Challenger on my rimmy, pest control on a footie pitch. Shot 1 rabbit at 47 paces, 1 rabbit at 98 paces & another a bit further to 1 side of the 98 paced rabbit.

Bry

what do you use for the i/r source,led ,lamp with ir filter or ir laser.thanks .

Bry

what do you use for the i/r source,led ,lamp with ir filter or ir laser.thanks .

That night i used 170+ir filter, i also use lazer other times.

Bry

That night i used 170+ir filter, i also use lazer other times.

do you use dipol laser or n100 type.thanks for your help.