Trespass,poaching,Sight seeing, ok! ?

Whats starting to piss me off is the amount of people driving over crop in subarus and 4x4's... Why?? Well it doesn't spoil anything for me, what it does is leave a trail of exactly were you have been for every farmer to see, it also creates a lot more problems for genuine lads who like to walk on foot and grab something for the pot... Everywhere is getting very hot with police, and who can blame the landowners for being pissed off that their land is getting drove over like a car park off lazy b*****ds too idle to walk... When I used to go out with dogs I'd walk, now these new generation of lazy twats are spoiling it for the real genuine lurcher lads, the enemy is truely within, its a shame as soon as a beam goes on now, everyones on the alert.....within a 30 mile radius of me all the fields have been drove off 4x4's poaching...

I have no issue with lads poaching personally for the pot and its getting used, its these who drive crop and leave animals were there killed.... they should hang there heads in shame, they truely are the scourge of hunting, they have no respect for the land, the owners, fellow lurchermen or the animals they hunt :censored: :censored:

I dont rate useing a car with dogs as hunting.I just dont get it(why).After all the training you have to put in as a pup.Then stick it in the back of a car.Dog and owner cant get much exercise.jmo.:thumbs:

i agree totaly mate,i dont want to be listening to a rattling old diesel engine all night,i go out to get away from it all,noise polution included,nothing better than using your senses walking around taking it all in,just adds to the whole experiance of being out with the dog,well for me it does anyway :thumbs:

Bet in some spots.The rabbits are off when they here the noise of a engine.Its the same as been over lamped.:thumbs:

im not totaly against the use of a motor just not with a dog thats all,obviously it comes in handy for the shooters to cover a lot of land for genuine rabbit control on permission but these are the lads doing it properly not leaving carnage at every opertunity :thumbs:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad times [bANNED TEXT] old school poachers are embarrased to be called poachers by the mindless idiots that get called poachers.

Whoa... Steady on old chap... Yes, I agree with your sentiments but you do shoot yourself in the foot so think a bit before you mouth off in writing in public.   The risk of eye damage is from very

Ok, first off for your hill farmer man to recieve £90000 in subsidies, he either has thousands of sheep,thousands of acres or he's pulling your plonker because he knows how much this winds you up. S

i had a call off a farmer yesterday saying someone had gone into one a couple of his fields with lurchers where he has a lot of ewes and lambs when he went round them in the morning he said there was sheep and lambs everywhere and 2 dead lambs (big lambs)so he has asked me to keep a eye on the place so i said i will go down and shoot all the rabbits,no reason for :censored::censored: poachers to go there then,the :censored: make my piss boil.

Ive been lamping for over 15 years now and ferreting even longer.. in this time ive asked for permmision on god knows how many places..ive got 1 or 2 for ferreting BUT no dogs allowed. In all the time ive been lamping and all the places ive asked not 1 has given me permission to go lamping so how ever do some of you ever expect young lads to get permission with the way things are? im pritty sure 90 percent of us have lamped where u dont have permission, if i didnt i wouldnt of ever of been able to start to lamp, I think more of us need to show new comers to the sport the morals and behaviour a real 1 for the pot lamper goes about his buisness..

I shoot over various pieces of ground throughout fife for which I actually pay a fee to shoot over,due to the increase in problems caused by people who do not have permition for example leaving dead carcases and parts thereof for members of the general public to come across while walking thier dogs,crop dammage and cutting fences just to name a few.

The landowner has asked me to shoot all hares and rabbits that are seen which is a shame as I used to sit and watch the hares for ages when I was out and about.

I was called on by the local wildlife liason officer for a meeting last year after a woman came across a dead roe fawn that aparently looked like it had been killed with dogs( I cant comment wheather it was or was not as I never saw the carcase as it was removed by the WLO) I felt that I was under investigation initially but having explained to him that I had been in contact on a few occasions of which I had recorded the crime numbers and had no response he provided me with his personal mobile number which I now have on speed dial seems when members of the public see stuff like this the police have to take notice.....like many of the posts before I didnt have a problem with the occasional one for the pot lads but it got out of hand,now I have to phone the landowner and the police every time I go to my permitions and if I have not phoned and a lamp is seen the police are called and they do respond very quickly now.

I have also been asked to take pictures of any vehicles that are parked on or around my permitions at odd times or in odd places.If Im out and about I do not approach poachers I just observe thier activities and call the WLO and he arranges a response that way it keeps my firearms certtificate safe and the poachers dont know that they have been rumbled until they walk into the police.It is a shame that it has had to come to this ........how so few can spoil it for so many.

Edited by Night Hunter

Ive been lamping for over 15 years now and ferreting even longer.. in this time ive asked for permmision on god knows how many places..ive got 1 or 2 for ferreting BUT no dogs allowed. In all the time ive been lamping and all the places ive asked not 1 has given me permission to go lamping so how ever do some of you ever expect young lads to get permission with the way things are? im pritty sure 90 percent of us have lamped where u dont have permission, if i didnt i wouldnt of ever of been able to start to lamp, I think more of us need to show new comers to the sport the morals and behaviour a real 1 for the pot lamper goes about his buisness..

YEs, but there is no real harm done in what you are describing. and yes most people will have lamped/tresspassed where they shouldnt have been. It can be difficult to get permission but this is not because the farmers want to keep hold of their rabbits its because they dont trust that people will look after their livelihood and will wreck the place.

Depends also where you are asking permission and how much grief they get. a lot of mine is in places where they dont get much trouble so they have virtually always said yes. but other permission is in areas where people regularly take out gates/crops in order to get at the hare/deer and if asking in those areas the odds are reduced

At the end of the day there is no benefit to a farmer of having crop eating animals running around on their land its that a the potential damage that some bell end can do far outweighs a rabbit eating £20 per year's worth of crop

When you ask for permition you have to build up trust with the landowner,I have a piece of land that I have had since I was younger and the landowner would only give me permition to ferret not shoot with my airgun,now it is one of my favorite permitions for shooting fox and roe with the rifle and rough shoot with the shotgun .......once you build up trust and the landowner gets to know you explain that you also use lurchers to control vermin then try asking if you can give your dogs a run........

YEs, but there is no real harm done in what you are describing. and yes most people will have lamped/tresspassed where they shouldnt have been. It can be difficult to get permission but this is not because the farmers want to keep hold of their rabbits its because they dont trust that people will look after their livelihood and will wreck the place.

Depends also where you are asking permission and how much grief they get. a lot of mine is in places where they dont get much trouble so they have virtually always said yes. but other permission is in areas where people regularly take out gates/crops in order to get at the hare/deer and if asking in those areas the odds are reduced

At the end of the day there is no benefit to a farmer of having crop eating animals running around on their land its that a the potential damage that some bell end can do far outweighs a rabbit eating £20 per year's worth of crop

I have asked for permission litraly all over the country, in a previous i job i would drive as far as scotland, weymouth, port talbort and pritty much any where else in the country ( im from stoke)..I would love to find some permission as ive started to take my 6 year old son out and show him the ropes as he loves an hour on the lamp..Seems to be ile be teaching him the ways of a poacher (WITH MORALS) or just not show him at all

Amazing... well maybe not.

Landowners are sick to death of people taking advantage, round here farmers have had to spend a fortune erecting huge steel gates at field entrances to block vehicles. It is like being under seige. If it isn't bolted down it will be nicked, and probably if it is bolted down as well.

We have one of you (is that a marshmellow stuck on your face?) stating that he will happily shoot in the dark at night when he cannot properly identify what he is shooting at based purely on the reflection of a pair of eyes and it seems that no-one apart from myself finds that unaceptable. I agree with his other comments though about the few spoiling it for everyone else.

A lot of people seem to think that armed trespass or hunting with dogs on private land is ok simply because you have failed to get permission, the cheerful attitude of a poacher.

To those that pursue their hobby on land without permission - Maybe you are the problem. Maybe you have a bad approach, dress wrongly, look scruffy, I don't know.

I really do understand your frustration at having a hobby that needs someone elses land for you to do it on and then not finding that any-one will let you use their land. Well tough luck, get a different hobby.

It took me a long time (nearly 5 years) to build up a relationship with a local farmer to earn his trust to the point where he would let my son and I use air rifles on his land and then formally give me permission to use rimfire so that I could apply for a FAC. Now, based on that, I have several permissions and am well established and able to provide references. All my permissions come from personal recomendation or introduction.

If I could not get that first permission I would not have ranged around trespassing and poaching, I would have had to accept that I could not shoot and take up fishing or something.

Landowners are not always reasonable people (often not!) but at the end of the day it is their land and not yours, tough. My back garden is just long enough to plink targets with an air rifle at 25 yards, I wish I had 200 yards but I don't, tough.

Every time you go out and trespass, you are reinforcing the view in the eyes of the landowners that people with dogs are lawbreakers. Like it or not you will all be tarred with the same brush.

It is not right, it is not fair, I wish I had acres of rolling countryside that I could let you use, but I don't.

Life is tough and unjust - try doing jury service and you will see how unjust. It is all about who you know, being in the right place at the right time, saying yes rather than no or I am not sure, grafting and earning respect and (I hate to say) conforming to what society finds acceptable (I am not too good at that).

Need coffee....

Edited by dadioles

I have asked for permission litraly all over the country, in a previous i job i would drive as far as scotland, weymouth, port talbort and pritty much any where else in the country ( im from stoke)..I would love to find some permission as ive started to take my 6 year old son out and show him the ropes as he loves an hour on the lamp..Seems to be ile be teaching him the ways of a poacher (WITH MORALS) or just not show him at all

got most of mine from friends/family/friends of friends family etc.. much better to try get some through some sort of contact then just by cold calling so to speak.

Its no wonder its hard to get permission and its getting harder due to these idiots ,on some of mine my car has to be parked in one spot if my cars no there the police are called if anybodies on the ground ,On another i know the lady owner approaches everybody seem on her land and asks them to leave and tells them she has a good description for calling the police . But you cant leave traps or snares out on most of my permissions as they get stolen these guys arent poacher theres thieves pure and simple ,no wonder most of us thump all the rabbits and hares we can on permission

Amazing... well maybe not.

Landowners are sick to death of people taking advantage, round here farmers have had to spend a fortune erecting huge steel gates at field entrances to block vehicles. It is like being under seige. If it isn't bolted down it will be nicked, and probably if it is bolted down as well.

We have one of you (is that a marshmellow stuck on your face?) stating that he will happily shoot in the dark at night when he cannot properly identify what he is shooting at based purely on the reflection of a pair of eyes and it seems that no-one apart from myself finds that unaceptable. I agree with his other comments though about the few spoiling it for everyone else.

A lot of people seem to think that armed trespass or hunting with dogs on private land is ok simply because you have failed to get permission, the cheerful attitude of a poacher.

To those that pursue their hobby on land without permission - Maybe you are the problem. Maybe you have a bad approach, dress wrongly, look scruffy, I don't know.

I really do understand your frustration at having a hobby that needs someone elses land for you to do it on and then not finding that any-one will let you use their land. Well tough luck, get a different hobby.

It took me a long time (nearly 5 years) to build up a relationship with a local farmer to earn his trust to the point where he would let my son and I use air rifles on his land and then formally give me permission to use rimfire so that I could apply for a FAC. Now, based on that, I have several permissions and am well established and able to provide references. All my permissions come from personal recomendation or introduction.

If I could not get that first permission I would not have ranged around trespassing and poaching, I would have had to accept that I could not shoot and take up fishing or something.

Landowners are not always reasonable people (often not!) but at the end of the day it is their land and not yours, tough. My back garden is just long enough to plink targets with an air rifle at 25 yards, I wish I had 200 yards but I don't, tough.

Every time you go out and trespass, you are reinforcing the view in the eyes of the landowners that people with dogs are lawbreakers. Like it or not you will all be tarred with the same brush.

It is not right, it is not fair, I wish I had acres of rolling countryside that I could let you use, but I don't.

Life is tough and unjust - try doing jury service and you will see how unjust. It is all about who you know, being in the right place at the right time, saying yes rather than no or I am not sure, grafting and earning respect and (I hate to say) conforming to what society finds acceptable (I am not too good at that).

Need coffee....

Wise words my friend!

I know exactly what you mean about jury service to!

I always like the 'how would you like it in your back yard' comments.

I don't get tax write offs and subsidies to produce crops in my garden, i worked hard to buy my back garden it wasn't handed down the family.

Dont agree with damaging anyones property, as for animals of this land being property of someone is strange, I bet you guys would be out gunning for Robin Hood.

I always like the 'how would you like it in your back yard' comments.

I don't get tax write offs and subsidies to produce crops in my garden, i worked hard to buy my back garden it wasn't handed down the family.

Dont agree with damaging anyones property, as for animals of this land being property of someone is strange, I bet you guys would be out gunning for Robin Hood.

Why do farmers get subsidies?

Yes that is a MarshMallow stuck to my face :)

I didnt say i couldnt Determine it. If its got 4 Legs and looks like a fox Anybody would shoot. But this is just an opinion. I only have a RimFire therfor distance and recognition isnt as issue. Neither have i used NV so inexperienced in that area.

Now it is getting silly.

When I come back in the next life it will be as God and there will be a few changes but until then....

As I said before, life is not fair.

Farmers get subsidies, unmarried mothers get their rent paid, wealthy old age pensioners get free bus passes, the English pay 7 quid or more for every item on a prescription and the Scots get it free.

I work damn hard, abide by the law (mostly) and get hammered because I am an easy target while "travellers" are all called John Smith and skip bail into the next county and are untouchable.

Am I going to go to an early grave through high blood pressure - probably. At 56 I have already outlived my father who died in his 40's and his father who also died in his 40's - life sucks so make the most of it and treat other people as you would like to be treated yourself.

Jealousy is not good and the grass on the other side is not always as green as it seems. Some farmers have charmed lives but most work harder and longer hours than you would think possible. Suicide rates among farmers are among the highest of any job (pretty high among doctors too).

Richie, who complains about inherited wealth, probably wants to leave his hard earned back garden to his children.

Look at the bigger picture, dig out facts not emotive headlines, try and make things a bit better where we can and don't trust anything a politician tells you!

• Like 1