Trespass,poaching,Sight seeing, ok! ?

This post seems to have started off well,i undertand the odd lamper passes through the land and is never seen.one for the pot and all that.but when we get up at stupid oclock to go and do our bit for the cause weather it be protecting the farmers lambs from the fox or crop from the rabbit only to find a stranger all ready roaming about making everything bolt for cover it makes my blood boil.but like some of the above say said above i also draw the line at down and out deliberate damage to gates and livestock fencing.not to mention the discarded quarry.i dont use dogs my self just shotgun, rifle and ferret.but i know lads what do and they are great lads may i mention this is not a dig and You genuine lurcher boys who stick to their permissions so keep up the good work.at the end of the day weather we shoot or trap or ferret we all do this for a reason,but the people who dont play by the rules deserve fook respect. All the above who have replied there is some crackers hat off to ya.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its sad times [bANNED TEXT] old school poachers are embarrased to be called poachers by the mindless idiots that get called poachers.

Whoa... Steady on old chap... Yes, I agree with your sentiments but you do shoot yourself in the foot so think a bit before you mouth off in writing in public.   The risk of eye damage is from very

Ok, first off for your hill farmer man to recieve £90000 in subsidies, he either has thousands of sheep,thousands of acres or he's pulling your plonker because he knows how much this winds you up. S

Whats starting to piss me off is the amount of people driving over crop in subarus and 4x4's... Why?? Well it doesn't spoil anything for me, what it does is leave a trail of exactly were you have been for every farmer to see, it also creates a lot more problems for genuine lads who like to walk on foot and grab something for the pot... Everywhere is getting very hot with police, and who can blame the landowners for being pissed off that their land is getting drove over like a car park off lazy b*****ds too idle to walk... When I used to go out with dogs I'd walk, now these new generation of lazy twats are spoiling it for the real genuine lurcher lads, the enemy is truely within, its a shame as soon as a beam goes on now, everyones on the alert.....within a 30 mile radius of me all the fields have been drove off 4x4's poaching...

I have no issue with lads poaching personally for the pot and its getting used, its these who drive crop and leave animals were there killed.... they should hang there heads in shame, they truely are the scourge of hunting, they have no respect for the land, the owners, fellow lurchermen or the animals they hunt :censored: :censored:

If you mean what you say then set an example and clear them off this site. You own THL and could easily ask your mods to delete any posts glorifying this kind of activity and also delete the idiot posting this kind of stuff. But, you will probably need a new lurcher forum moderator given that the current one has made money publishing stories about them (i.e. 'Now that's what I call Lurcherwork'!

Where i shoot there are 3 of us that have permission on a 600 acre farm. 1 of us being RFD therfor there is a wide variety of firearms from Airgun, Rimfire and CentreFire (Alot of Gun Testing and Reviews done also)... one of us uses Nightvision on the farm a few nights a week and rang today questioning had us other two been out at which we replied no. He had spotted random people walking and also people with lamps etc...

Dont think people realise the hidden dangers between (Nightvision)Scopes and bright light! Blind For Life!

At 200-300 Yards with the CentreFire and Nightvision who knows what could happen!

We have an arangement between us to inform the others if were going out.

So put yourselfs in our shoes, Weve informed our pals were in that specific area. Therefor the others will avoid if there out also. I put the lamp round and spot a set of eyes. Now i know the two other people that arent supposed to be there wont be so... (I would go for the shot)

I expect id get my little arsehole shagged for shooting someone whos tresspassing!!

Pisses me off that people cant help themselves and get off there fat arses and put the effort in that we have to earn the right to be there. Instead People turn up when and where they want and Ruin it for us! (it wasnt that long ago the farmer stopped the local shoot from using the land as he had people going there whenever they like... Stuff also kept going missing etc.)

PEOPLE HAVE NO MORALS and NO RESPECT FOR OUR/THEIR SAFETY!

Dont think people realise the hidden dangers between (Nightvision)Scopes and bright light! Blind For Life!

At 200-300 Yards with the CentreFire and Nightvision who knows what could happen!

So put yourselfs in our shoes, Weve informed our pals were in that specific area. Therefor the others will avoid if there out also. I put the lamp round and spot a set of eyes. Now i know the two other people that arent supposed to be there wont be so... (I would go for the shot)

I expect id get my little arsehole shagged for shooting someone whos tresspassing!!

Whoa... Steady on old chap...

Yes, I agree with your sentiments but you do shoot yourself in the foot so think a bit before you mouth off in writing in public.

The risk of eye damage is from very high intensity IR lasers that are virtually invisible and not eye safe, they are not taken seriously enough. Shine one of those into your eye (or those of an animal) and it can burn the retina. What is more likely though is that a lamper will point 500w of halogen light at an image intensifier and damage a shooters expensive night vision equipment.

More seriously though... If you are telling us that you would take a shot at a set of eyes at night without clearly and absolutely identifying that it is an animal that can be lagally shot under the terms of your licence then you are a very dangerous idiot and absolutely not fit to have a firearms licence, or even an air rife.

• Like 4

Whats starting to piss me off is the amount of people driving over crop in subarus and 4x4's... Why?? Well it doesn't spoil anything for me, what it does is leave a trail of exactly were you have been for every farmer to see, it also creates a lot more problems for genuine lads who like to walk on foot and grab something for the pot... Everywhere is getting very hot with police, and who can blame the landowners for being pissed off that their land is getting drove over like a car park off lazy b*****ds too idle to walk... When I used to go out with dogs I'd walk, now these new generation of lazy twats are spoiling it for the real genuine lurcher lads, the enemy is truely within, its a shame as soon as a beam goes on now, everyones on the alert.....within a 30 mile radius of me all the fields have been drove off 4x4's poaching...

I have no issue with lads poaching personally for the pot and its getting used, its these who drive crop and leave animals were there killed.... they should hang there heads in shame, they truely are the scourge of hunting, they have no respect for the land, the owners, fellow lurchermen or the animals they hunt :censored: :censored:

Its true that. lads say that its the small minority that spoils it for the rest but there is still a shed load of fields with a shed load of tracks on them from being driven so someone is doing the driving.

I dont think that many landowners/police would care about the odd rabbit/hare or even deer being taken if they were to be taken on foot its the crop/gate/property damage that pisses them off

Edited by lapin2008

I dont think that many landowners/police would care about the odd rabbit/hare or even deer being taken if they were to be taken on foot its the crop/gate/property damage that pisses them off

100% agree, its these people spoiling it for them, and making farmers even more wary of people getting one for the pot or asking for permission..

If you mean what you say then set an example and clear them off this site. You own THL and could easily ask your mods to delete any posts glorifying this kind of activity and also delete the idiot posting this kind of stuff. But, you will probably need a new lurcher forum moderator given that the current one has made money publishing stories about them (i.e. 'Now that's what I call Lurcherwork'!

Any posts glorifying it should be removed... It shows us all in a bad light, so if you see any report them and they will be removed by any moderator.. As for publishing stories about it, I don't agree with it and its not my decision what someone writes about, I can't do anything in that respect !

100% agree, its these people spoiling it for them, and making farmers even more wary of people getting one for the pot or asking for permission..

thats the truth of the matter

I dont rate useing a car with dogs as hunting.I just dont get it(why).After all the training you have to put in as a pup.Then stick it in the back of a car.Dog and owner cant get much exercise.jmo.:thumbs:

I dont rate useing a car with dogs as hunting.I just dont get it(why).After all the training you have to put in as a pup.Then stick it in the back of a car.Dog and owner cant get much exercise.jmo.:thumbs:

i agree totaly mate,i dont want to be listening to a rattling old diesel engine all night,i go out to get away from it all,noise polution included,nothing better than using your senses walking around taking it all in,just adds to the whole experiance of being out with the dog,well for me it does anyway :thumbs:

i agree totaly mate,i dont want to be listening to a rattling old diesel engine all night,i go out to get away from it all,noise polution included,nothing better than using your senses walking around taking it all in,just adds to the whole experiance of being out with the dog,well for me it does anyway :thumbs:

Bet in some spots.The rabbits are off when they here the noise of a engine.Its the same as been over lamped.:thumbs: