What's the cheapest to run 4x4?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wont get a 4x4 jeep which is cheap to run with the price of fuel in this country   Sounds like you may be better off getting an estate car

I cant immagine you going serious off road collie/grey unless I have misjudged you   We have a skoda octavia scout at the work. It has 4 wheel drive, will get you to all but the most serious spots

Nissan XTrail is a bit of a half way house between estate car and 4X4. Does about 47mpg on a run or 40mpg combined and has a reasonable amount of boot space. Can pick one up 2nd hand for a couple of K

Edited by lapin2008

I cant immagine you going serious off road collie/grey unless I have misjudged you :icon_redface:

We have a skoda octavia scout at the work. It has 4 wheel drive, will get you to all but the most serious spots, is very rugged, ultra reliable and does 50mpg. Also great on the road, very comfortable, loads of extras and has the 1.9 turbo VW engine thats just about bombproof.

I think its your perfect car!

Seriously look into them, I cant reccomend them highly enough.

Other cheapest 4x4 for you would be a suzuki vitara/jimny with a dog trailer.

Any other 4x4 and you will do 25-30 MPG AT BEST (ie driving like a nun).

Believe me, I had the same dilema as you 6 months ago and opted for a van. The way fuel prices are going I would seriously weigh up your options.

Either that or get a £500 land rover 90 and run it on Rouge :laugh:

FTB

Edited by FightTheBan
  • Like 1

An impreza isn't a cheap option mine does about 18 to the gallon and if I horse it it runs at about 6 miles to the gallon.

It is tuned to 400bhp though had to have it detuned from 450bhp cause the wife strugled to take the kids to school in it LOL :laugh: :laugh:

carpics008.jpg

Edited by danw

An impreza isn't a cheap option mine does about 18 to the gallon and if I horse it it runs at about 6 miles to the gallon.

It is tuned to 400bhp though had to have it detuned from 450bhp cause the wife strugled to take the kids to school in it LOL :laugh: :laugh:

carpics008.jpg

Never had you down for a boy racer Dan......free set of furry dice with that motor did you?.... :tongue2:

Sold mine a couple of years back cause the misses wasn't keen on driving it either, big mistake......a black 02 Type Uk Sti......i miss it.. :cry:

Never had you down for a boy racer Dan......free set of furry dice with that motor did you?.... :tongue2:

Sold mine a couple of years back cause the misses wasn't keen on driving it either, big mistake......a black 02 Type Uk Sti......i miss it.. :cry:

Lol my boss got pissy when I told him I should wear burbary instead of tweed :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

The price of impreza sti's at the moment I am thinking of getting one I fancy an alan jeffery 500bhp build that should keep the saxo's at bay :thumbs: :thumbs:

Lol my boss got pissy when I told him I should wear burbary instead of tweed :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

The price of impreza sti's at the moment I am thinking of getting one I fancy an alan jeffery 500bhp build that should keep the saxo's at bay :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just googled that Alan Jeffrey........... :thumbs: Spent my money in these performances places....had an Uno turbo when i was 18...great little flying machine :yes: The look on peoples faces when they went to overtake and i went... :bye::D

Just googled that Alan Jeffrey........... :thumbs: Spent my money in these performances places....had an Uno turbo when i was 18...great little flying machine :yes: The look on peoples faces when they went to overtake and i went... :bye::D

My mate had one of those things in the mid '90's, came round to my house all smug looking and rubbing his hands when his dad gave it to him... He blew the engine to bits the same night! :laugh: It was very hard not to laugh at him when he pulled up in the standard 1.0 FIRE Uno he was driving before! :D

My mate had one of those things in the mid '90's, came round to my house all smug looking and rubbing his hands when his dad gave it to him... He blew the engine to bits the same night! :laugh: It was very hard not to laugh at him when he pulled up in the standard 1.0 FIRE Uno he was driving before! :D

:laugh: 1 night... :laugh: ...well i managed a week before mine went boom!!! Got another engine and it was great after that. Got an in car boost valve fitted and when you turned it up it sounded like a f*****g snake was in the dashboard... :laugh:

Big bore dtm exhaust and all the trimmings......when i look back now i just shake my head at the money i wasted..... :doh:

Good at the time though... :thumbs:

Biggest problem running a scoob is everyone wants to race which is daft as mine makes 60 in just on 4 secs :laugh:

At 18 I had a nova 1.3sr but it was running a calibra 2.0turbo motor that used to shift was built by bogg brothers in N.yorks sold it for a bmw e30M3 which I parked in the back of a toyota rav4 :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

:laugh: 1 night... :laugh: ...well i managed a week before mine went boom!!! Got another engine and it was great after that. Got an in car boost valve fitted and when you turned it up it sounded like a f*****g snake was in the dashboard... :laugh:

Big bore dtm exhaust and all the trimmings......when i look back now i just shake my head at the money i wasted..... :doh:

Good at the time though... :thumbs:

:laugh: Mate, I was weak! :D This lad had been driving the one litre since he passed his test, and used to bore us all to death going on about uno turbos! We all reckoned he'd never get one and gave him stick, so he was full of it when he got hold of one, and had good reason to be smug. icon_redface.gif Few hours later... BOOOOM! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Not usually one to gloat, but there was a fair bit of :boogie::boogy::toast: going on at my place when he came back later that night with a crate of lager and a gutted looking expression! :clapper:

Thanks for the help fellas!! I am currently undecided at the mo as i do so dearly love my lil peugeot badboy lol. I am going to be googling away at all these ideas! Thanks for that write up to FTB but you didn't misjudge me at all :D I would never be a serious off roader lol i would be too scared to hurt the bloody thing and to scared to drive it anyway, im bad enough being a passenger :laugh: An audi is totally out of my league though :icon_redface: Thinking about it an impreza would make me bankrupt as i love a race or two on the carriageways :whistling::doh:

P.s i don't care if my vehicle smells of dog and rotting blood, i never have none doggy people in it and even so they would have to put up with it :laugh: Perfume and air fresheners mask it enough for me :D