• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your cocks away lads, and get the thread back on track.

Yous are all laughable. Even the most mentally challenged dogman would realize that a fit and healthy red stag in its prime is NEVER going to be had with one dog.   I work alongside reds every day w

theres a pic in one of darcy books of a stag taken with two bull crosses. . .

Posted Images

All the folk suggesting that x, y or z type of dog could probably do one. . . . . have you ever actually been anywhere near one? Weighing in over 500 lb and standing 50 inch + tts? Moving flat out, thats some force!

All the folk suggesting that x, y or z type of dog could probably do one. . . . . have you ever actually been anywhere near one? Weighing in over 500 lb and standing 50 inch + tts? Moving flat out, thats some force!

a decent half x would put it on its arse half x whippet that is lol

maybe the dogs are weak from being show pieces. Gen George A. Custer caught a young bison bull (at least 500 KG) using two "scotch staghounds" which were a gift from Queen Victoria. so if it wasn't illegal i don't doubt a large lurcher or deerhound could take a stag. perhaps someone w/ the financial means could try it on one of the game ranches in Texas.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

seen it done single handed brain coupled with brawn and a good man atb bunnys

You've honestly seen a full grown red deer stag pulled by a single dog in a fair run (i.e not against fence, stuck in hedge, stream etc)?

again Custer caught a bison bull (twice as big as a red) w/ two deerhounds. the male caught the ear and rolled it. when it tried to get back to it's fee the male held the ear and the bitch held a hind leg. i put forth that some dogs are still capable it is the weak heart of the owners that fail the test. i will also admit that one out is likely the exception and always was but not to the point of disbelief that it is now.

So one dog grabbed a charging bull bison weighing as much as two grown red stags, on the ear and flipped it over? Simple as that? And we are all weak hearted for not trying it? :laugh:

again Custer caught a bison bull (twice as big as a red) w/ two deerhounds. the male caught the ear and rolled it. when it tried to get back to it's fee the male held the ear and the bitch held a hind leg. i put forth that some dogs are still capable it is the weak heart of the owners that fail the test. i will also admit that one out is likely the exception and always was but not to the point of disbelief that it is now.

So one dog grabbed a charging bull bison weighing as much as two grown red stags, on the ear and flipped it over? Simple as that? And we are all weak hearted for not trying it? :laugh:

maby the bison fell over pissing its self at the dogs attempt at pulling it down mate :laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

I think it could be done if you had the right a couple of the right type of dogs some good luck,the right land and you were close at hand to finish the job but i think to have a pair of dogs that could do it regular would be almost impossible.I have seen a picture on someones avatar of a couple of minshaw dogs with a stag does anyone know the story behind the pic? it looks to be a good few years ago.Does anyone think it would be possible nowadays with the blood available to breed a line of dogs that would stand a chance?some of the american stag hounds and running dogs from australia look like they might be fast enough to get up alongside and game enogh to take hold or possibly something bred from the larger types of british running dog.I do know that red hinds have been taken in my area with 2 deerhound type dogs the owner said that even the does put up a fight and you have to be on the scene pretty quick to end it.Its certainly a sight i would have liked to have seen pre ban definitley the ultimate quarry for a british running dog.

Edited by matt32

ive seen some of the ozzy runing dogs try and take down an ozzy samba all ill say is it got very messy and one dog never maid the trip back to the moter :hmm: just food for thorght as it was what the ozzy boys call a 3/4 grown it looked big enough to me :thumbs:

ive seen some of the ozzy runing dogs try and take down an ozzy samba all ill say is it got very messy and one dog never maid the trip back to the moter :hmm: just food for thorght as it was what the ozzy boys call a 3/4 grown it looked big enough to me :thumbs:

[/quote see what youre saying mate :thumbs: maybe there isnt any mix of blood from anywhere in the world thats capable of doing it regularly,from what ive read in books i was under the impression that scotish deerhounds use to do them but thats only what ive read and like everyone knows just cos its been written it dont make it the truth atb matt