• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your cocks away lads, and get the thread back on track.

Yous are all laughable. Even the most mentally challenged dogman would realize that a fit and healthy red stag in its prime is NEVER going to be had with one dog.   I work alongside reds every day w

theres a pic in one of darcy books of a stag taken with two bull crosses. . .

Posted Images

maybe the dogs are weak from being show pieces. Gen George A. Custer caught a young bison bull (at least 500 KG) using two "scotch staghounds" which were a gift from Queen Victoria. so if it wasn't illegal i don't doubt a large lurcher or deerhound could take a stag. perhaps someone w/ the financial means could try it on one of the game ranches in Texas.

I probably got closer to the big red stag's up here during last years rut than i have ever been .. it made me appreciate just how powerful & an imposing figure they really are .. there truly awesome creatures & i seriously doubt any dog regardless of breed / type could tackle one & not come away either dead or very seriously injured :thumbs:

i know of a dog that was meant to pull hinds but never got to see it myself (dog died coursing a hare)... i have no reason to disbelieve this person , as everything else he as told me, he was able to back up with actions ...

dog was a collie/greyhound 27" tts ... like i say never seen it but wouldnt disbelieve the person

again Custer caught a bison bull (twice as big as a red) w/ two deerhounds. the male caught the ear and rolled it. when it tried to get back to it's fee the male held the ear and the bitch held a hind leg. i put forth that some dogs are still capable it is the weak heart of the owners that fail the test. i will also admit that one out is likely the exception and always was but not to the point of disbelief that it is now.