Air arms s510 underpowered?

Hi a have just invested in the air arms s510 carbine and I believe that it is shooting below what it should be. I put about 1000 pellets through it nw and still no change, I have been using falcon pellet weighing at 7.33 grains and have been getting about 775 to 800 fps 10.42 ft/lbs and when I have put air arms field 8.4 grains through it about 750 fps 10.49 ft/lbs. this rifle should be up in the mid 11 shouldn't it? thanks Andrew

Hi mate,

After talking to regular shooters of Air Arms rifles I have found out that this is now standard for all AA PCP models.

10.49 ft / lbs is plenty of power anyway buddy.

With the pellets that you are talking about (AA) you still have 5.1 ft / lb of remaining energy at 60 yards which that in its own will drop rabbits easily.

If you zero at 35 yards you stay within a 1 inch kill zone from 8.5 yards right out to 39.3 yards.

ATB

Si

i think they started turning rifles out of the factory doing 10.5 ish as the at was introduced but i think they have now decided that too many people are complaining and sending there rifles back to be tweaked up :thumbs:

Mine was the same, dropped off in power as well after the initial run in.

Im sure that trading standards would be interested in all the air rifle companies stating 'full power' 12ftlbs etc when actually they are too damn scared to make them at or close to the legal limit as they dont want to be the 1st to be part of a test case when someone gets caught with a factory rifle over the limit, when it has been loaded with the legal term of " Any projectile for testing".

I too decided to void my warranty and Im happy with 11.7ftlbs.

When i bought my S410 about 5yrs ago it was only firing at around the 10ftlb mark, i contacted Air Arms and they told me to send it back to them, after a couple of weeks i got the rifle back and they said it had a faulty part inside of it, it was still only firing at around 10.90ftlb when i got it back , so i took the law into my own hands so to speak :D and it now peaks at around 11.50ftlb to 11.90ftlb.

For the money these guns cost though you would think Air Arms could get the gun working spot on before it leaves the factory.

Here is two pictures, the first one is when i first got the gun back from Air Arms after repair the 10.12 is with the gun filled to 190bar once it hit 150bar it was upto 10.90.

The second pick is from when i altered the power myself , from a 190bar fill the gun was knocking around 11.50ftlb out , once it leveled out around the 150bar mark it was hitting 11.96ftlb and brilliant.

post-43505-0-82842000-1299615731_thumb.jpg

post-43505-0-60036300-1299615754_thumb.jpg