my new bird,

J.D.

cracking looking harris, wish you all the best, please make sure you fly with telem on even if you just buy a transmitter, loads of folk will be happy to help track it down if ever need to, i started this way, till i could afford a reciever, ive helped to track a few peoples birds, feeling is great even if it aint your bird, plus it helps with experiance, your mentors should help you any way

atb bullet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow what a beaut, best of luck with him. Ive always been interested in it and just recently bought a book on it but its so difficult to find a mentor

Out of interest how long did you wait from first researching and being mentored until getting your first bird?

pm sent mate :thumbs:

cracking looking harris, wish you all the best, please make sure you fly with telem on even if you just buy a transmitter, loads of folk will be happy to help track it down if ever need to, i started this way, till i could afford a reciever, ive helped to track a few peoples birds, feeling is great even if it aint your bird, plus it helps with experiance, your mentors should help you any way

atb bullet

thanks bullet, i intend on getting one before i fly him, i would be gutted if i lost him, just got to find the funds now but it will be a definate before the start of the season, thanks anyway bullet :thumbs:

i can tell this story on behalf of jd as im his mentor,i went to bye a gun off him and mentioned i bred and kept birds of prey his face lit up can i come and se them some time he says no bother mate i said next day he come loved the birds had a hold i said i had one spare he said im going home to work on our lass next day he phoned me said he could have the bird,he built his mews a give him a freezer and a swing for the bird he went ang bought all the stuff he needed and picked the bird up the following week,i told john id mentor him and hes also got another lad not far away from him to help out to between uss we have over 40 odd years experience so he should do well and the bird is a top bird from good blood line,good luck jd mate spk soon bud

so there you go, story told, hahaha, hope ya feeling better jeff, u no were i am if you need out mate, :thumbs: im so happy i got the bird, im spending quality time with him, i no now they are going through the molt but every day , ive got him out in my garden and he enjoys it so much, hes a caractor, when i go and get him out his mews, he seems to talk away, as if hes so happy to see me and carnt wait to get in the garden,hahahah , but not noisey at all, im so looking forward to the start of the season, carnt wait for the manning of him, i dont think hes going to take to much as he is well advanced for his age, and with me and him spending quality time together, we will get along just fine, and with the mentors i have , it should be a good season, cheers lads,

ill try and hoy a couple more pics of him as ive just had me camera out, today,

thanks anyway, john :thumbs::thumbs:

i jd do you think i was lucky to walk away from that car crash mate or what,the police couldnt belive i walked away from it alive mate,still a bit sore but counting my luck mate,the angels must of been watching over me spk soon bud

I'd be inclined to put some carpet down or a large piece of astroturf on the slabs :) He only has to bate badly or land awkward and his keel will be smack down on concrete :(

The birds talons will resemble a bull terriers toe nails after a 200 mile walk on concrete :blink: , give the bird to someone who knows what he is doing and for fooks sake get a differant mentor .

JD TAKE 6 FLAGS UP AND PUT SOME 10MM PEA GRAVEL IN THEN SIT YOUR BOW ON THE TOP, STOPS IM FROM GETTING HURT MATE ALSO BECAUSE HES ONLY A YOUNG BIRD KEEP THE LEASH A BIT SHORTER,IF YOU NEED ANY HELP PM ME,OR JUST PUT IM ON GRASS CHEERS JOHN.