Budget rifle recommendations please

Save the money you are going to spend on an SMK cheapo crappo and use it to buy a coupla ferrets. :whistling:

What kinda dogs is it (please don`t say lurchers)

Either that or save up a wee bit more for a far better rifle, Buy cheap,buy twice!!,

I am not a big fan of the cheaper airguns on the market just now, They are getting better but I would still rather buy secondhand quality, There was an HW35 on here for 100 sovs yesterday,! nice wee guns

ATB.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Stafford and one Bull Terrier so if they tried to catch their own they'd get skinny fast :laugh:

I've not made my mind up and I'll keep an eye out for decent second hand ones within my budget. Off to see my cousin at the gun shop this weekend...he's not sure if he can get a discount but he's going to ask.

If I had that money and wanted to buy brand new rifle, I'd be looking at SMK long before I considered a Hatstand!

The SMK XS19 and XS20 (XS38 if you're a fan of underlevers) are powerhouses! They'll more than do the job you want, and they respond very nicely to a tune up, which is something you can look at further down the line.

I personally still think you should look for a used HW or Air Arms though.

My Hatsan (Edgar Brothers), is still accurate, reliable, nice wooden stock, very little recoil too. I can get pellet on pellet shots (well slightly overlapping anyway) and he has lasted for 3 years with no mechanical failings. It has an anti-bear trap device and safety catch (pretty much standard these days but some guns do not have these)! Main thing is that hogdog should try a few and see what they like!

just bide your time and keep looking mate.i swapped a early model bsa lighting off a guy on here for an old locator box, and i love it

and i called in the redbeck gun shop last saturday for some slugs and walked out with a birmingham made webley stingray with some 4x32 scopes on in perfect condition for £110

16 years ago i bought an hw80 for £60 and it was the best gun i;ve ever had

a.t.b. nellie

Edited by nellie123

One Stafford and one Bull Terrier so if they tried to catch their own they'd get skinny fast :laugh:

I've not made my mind up and I'll keep an eye out for decent second hand ones within my budget. Off to see my cousin at the gun shop this weekend...he's not sure if he can get a discount but he's going to ask.

bsa lighting or super sport,cheap springers tune up well too,light, small,cheep s/hand,,:thumbs: