The Season so far

Harris Will

I just thought I'd post some pictures of my Female Harris Hawk, this is our 4th season together & every year she is getting better & better!

I have put the ferrets to use more this season as I gained some new permission that lent itself better to ferreting.

Ellie has took to the ferrets very well & now knows that they are part of the team & knows what they are there to do!

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00594.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just thought I'd post some pictures of my Female Harris Hawk, this is our 4th season together & every year she is getting better & better! I have put the ferrets to use more this season as

harris will thank you for that great set up you have there . ...john

Guest bullterrier

well done mate she looks a cracker if you don't mind mate have you a few more pictures of you birds housing as ill be building my housing soon have a rough idea what am doing but always on on the look out it looks a good size i like the bars on the front thanks ..:thumbs: ..john

Hi John,

The Building itself is 14'x8'. The aviary is 10'x8' & there is a weigh room/storage room 4'x8'. Double door system. The sides are 22mm v-groove boards on 2"x2" stud work. I have lined the inside with Correx twin wall sheeting for easy cleaning & the bars are broom handles from screwfix inset into 2"x1" top & bottom to make a frame. The aviary is open floored with pea gravel over a liner. The weigh room has a suspended floor.

DSC00103.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Hope this helps.

Edited by Harris Will

Hi harris will,

Im also goin to build a new weathering soon and i would just like to say that yours looks spot on,it looks very well built and thought out,i might go for somthing similar only a bit smaller. Did you build it yourself ? and what did it cost you roughly ?

Spot on Will! no prisoners taken their pal :clapper::clapper:.

thats a nice set up you have there. mind you that Lawn is going to waste when another chamber can be built there ;), You'll need another one as these old Harris's are shagging for England, eggs won't be long now mate :drinks:.

atb Jasp

Hi harris will,

Im also goin to build a new weathering soon and i would just like to say that yours looks spot on,it looks very well built and thought out,i might go for somthing similar only a bit smaller. Did you build it yourself ? and what did it cost you roughly ?

Hi Austringer, Thanks for that. Yeah I'd put quite a bit of thought into it lol. I would have probably made the weigh room bigger by a couple of feet. I just seem to have so much stuff that I'm always needing more space! I had the shed built (£925) including erection as I was flat out at work & didnt have time. They built it to my design. I put the base down & put the bars in, cladded the walls inside & fitted out the weigh room. Got a 1000 base unit & a bit of worktop & stuck that in there for work surface. All told I guess it stands me in at £1150. Some might say thats a lot but I think any animal deserves good accomodation! :thumbs:

Spot on Will! no prisoners taken their pal :clapper::clapper:.

thats a nice set up you have there. mind you that Lawn is going to waste when another chamber can be built there ;), You'll need another one as these old Harris's are shagging for England, eggs won't be long now mate :drinks:.

atb Jasp

Cheers Jasp, lol. You can always rely on the Harris's mate. Fingers crossed the others do well too! I'm still working on the Mrs regarding a new Hawk mate! :whistling:

Nice to see a well thought out and well built chamber, newbies take note thats how to do it :thumbs:

Thanks Sightsound :notworthy:

ATB. Will

Edited by Harris Will

Hi John,

The Building itself is 14'x8'. The aviary is 10'x8' & there is a weigh room/storage room 4'x8'. Double door system. The sides are 22mm v-groove boards on 2'x2' stud work. I have lined the inside with Correx twin wall sheeting for easy cleaning & the bars are broom handles from screwfix inset into 2'x1' top & bottom to make a frame. The aviary is open floored with pea gravel over a liner. The weigh room has a suspended floor.

DSC00103.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Hope this helps.

hi mate nice setup you have there can i ask what have you lined the inner walls with mate ATB

sorry mate im a twat just read the post again sorry just finished a 11 hour shift on the farm early night i think hahaha

Hi John,

The Building itself is 14'x8'. The aviary is 10'x8' & there is a weigh room/storage room 4'x8'. Double door system. The sides are 22mm v-groove boards on 2'x2' stud work. I have lined the inside with Correx twin wall sheeting for easy cleaning & the bars are broom handles from screwfix inset into 2'x1' top & bottom to make a frame. The aviary is open floored with pea gravel over a liner. The weigh room has a suspended floor.

DSC00103.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Hope this helps.

hi mate nice setup you have there can i ask what have you lined the inner walls with mate ATB

This stuff mate...

http://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/CORREX/correx-sheet-standard-8-x-4-24m-x-12m-2mm-thickness-per-25-pack/

Its the stuff they make for sale boards out of. It will take a good going over with a scouring pad & hoses off well. Its very easy to fit up & cut to size!

Will

Hi harris will,

Thanks for info mate,I think i mite go for the easy option and convert a prebuilt building/shed rather than starting from scratch lol

and i totally agree mate any animal does deserves good accomodation.atb :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with modifying an existing shed at all. The first shed I had was a converted summer house. :thumbs:

Will

Hi John,

DSC00103.jpg

Picture089.jpg

Picture096.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Hope this helps.

This stuff mate...

http://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/CORREX/correx-sheet-standard-8-x-4-24m-x-12m-2mm-thickness-per-25-pack/

Its the stuff they make for sale boards out of. It will take a good going over with a scouring pad & hoses off well. Its very easy to fit up & cut to size!

Will

cheers mate :thumbs:

Cheers Jasp, lol. You can always rely on the Harris's mate. Fingers crossed the others do well too! I'm still working on the Mrs regarding a new Hawk mate! :whistling:

ATB. Will

I'm sure she won't take much persuading mate! do what I do and treat them to somthing to soften them up a bit :whistling:. Just cleared the brambles far end of the block of aviaries and knocked up a 8 x 8 Imprint pen in no time for for the two year old female Peregrine out of one of the weatherings, hopefully she'll be waving her knickers in the air earley Aprill but we'll see....

Jasp

ATB. Will

I'm sure she won't take much persuading mate! do what I do and treat them to somthing to soften them up a bit :whistling:. Just cleared the brambles far end of the block of aviaries and knocked up a 8 x 8 Imprint pen in no time for for the two year old female Peregrine out of one of the weatherings, hopefully she'll be waving her knickers in the air earley Aprill but we'll see....

Jasp

Nice one mate, I'll pop over soon! :thumbs: