BRITISH ARMY GORE TEX PRO BOOTS

have 2 pairs, both old style and new style. old ones worn briefly, new ones straight out of box...

believe they are both in size 8, but would have to get in loft to check.

have had both pairs issued at one time or another but don't like/don't get on with them.

will check on they're sizing and let you know, then if you like you can make me an offer :)

chris

Edited by west country warrior

DOES ANYONE NO WHERE I CAN BUY A PAIR OF BRITISH ARMY GORE TEX PRO BOOTS EXTREME COLD VIBRAM SOLES SIZE 8? LOOKED ON INTERNET FOUND THEM ON EBAY BUT THEY HAVN'T GOT SIZE 8. CAN ANYONE HELP? :thumbs:

May have them here :thumbs:

:thumbs: :thumbs: Got loads of bits from there all good cheap stuff....

have 2 pairs, both old style and new style. old ones worn briefly, new ones straight out of box...

believe they are both in size 8, but would have to get in loft to check.

have had both pairs issued at one time or another but don't like/don't get on with them.

will check on they're sizing and let you know, then if you like you can make me an offer :)

chris

thanks chris that'l be great. why didn't you get on with them? if you don't mind me asking. as most people highly recommend them? :thumbs:

part worn old style are size 8 not sure on the width fitting, still in good nick and fully waterproof.

New style are size 7L, brand new, still have labels attached. (7L in a military boot will fit a size 8 foot as they are the wide foot bed which overlaps with the 8S/8M)

feel free to make a sensible offer on either or both.

There are several resons i didn't get on with them, firstly i get hellish hot feet and the goretex personnely adds to the problem (prefer my lowa patrols/Altberg peacekeeper or jungle) . secondly, river crossings and prolonged time out in the rain means they soon get full of water on the inside, then they stay wet inside far to long for my liking. The new style are also to long in the leg for my stumpy little pins. probably good field boots but not for my military requirements.

post-58337-0-78591900-1298925473_thumb.jpg

Old style boot

post-58337-0-49576700-1298925542_thumb.jpg

new style boot

boots are currently in somerset, but i'm in north yorks. not sure on what your time frame for these are, but can arrange drop off if local or mailling, if your interested.

Chris

part worn old style are size 8 not sure on the width fitting, still in good nick and fully waterproof.

New style are size 7L, brand new, still have labels attached. (7L in a military boot will fit a size 8 foot as they are the wide foot bed which overlaps with the 8S/8M)

feel free to make a sensible offer on either or both.

There are several resons i didn't get on with them, firstly i get hellish hot feet and the goretex personnely adds to the problem (prefer my lowa patrols/Altberg peacekeeper or jungle) . secondly, river crossings and prolonged time out in the rain means they soon get full of water on the inside, then they stay wet inside far to long for my liking. The new style are also to long in the leg for my stumpy little pins. probably good field boots but not for my military requirements.

post-58337-0-78591900-1298925473_thumb.jpg

Old style boot

post-58337-0-49576700-1298925542_thumb.jpg

new style boot

boots are currently in somerset, but i'm in north yorks. not sure on what your time frame for these are, but can arrange drop off if local or mailling, if your interested.

Chris

thanks chris interested in the new style mate. do you mean they leak over the top on river crossings or leak through the leather. as they say there totally waterproof? how much do you want for the new pair? i'm in dorset so would mailing be easier? :thumbs:

yeah leak over the top (which your always going to get unless you and your boots are 30ft tall..lol), but then because the goretex is wet from the inside i find they just don't dry out to my liking, especially when i've got to live in them for prolonged periods of time with no means other than body heat to dry them out..

but if you want to make use of them, then fill yer boots (pardon the pun, couldn't resist at this late hour!)

they are currently in my sisters loft in someset, on the dorset border, so pick up might be a good option? (shes home on maternity at the mo to)

just checked ebay and they're on there for between £60 and 100 less postage, so would be willing to take £60 and arrange some kind of pick up/drop off if you fancy?

yeah leak over the top (which your always going to get unless you and your boots are 30ft tall..lol), but then because the goretex is wet from the inside i find they just don't dry out to my liking, especially when i've got to live in them for prolonged periods of time with no means other than body heat to dry them out..

but if you want to make use of them, then fill yer boots (pardon the pun, couldn't resist at this late hour!)

they are currently in my sisters loft in someset, on the dorset border, so pick up might be a good option? (shes home on maternity at the mo to)

just checked ebay and they're on there for between £60 and 100 less postage, so would be willing to take £60 and arrange some kind of pick up/drop off if you fancy?

thanks chris.would you except £50 for the new pair if i pick them up? can you send me your sisters address if exceptable? oh very funny post by the way! lol '30ft tall' :thumbs:

Split the diffence at £55?

will speak to my sister about arranging to meet up, can do a mobile number swap with hers by P.M. if you like. they are near Chard if that helps you plan the journey.

ok chris deal. can you pm me your sisters number mate so we could arrange to meet up? thanks mate. :thumbs: