New Webley Raider 10 PCP Rifle

Hi mate.

I know nothing of this new Webley rifle but, I really hope it is a cracker.

The Webley name was once synonimous with really fine, well made and very accurate airguns and pistols Moley but, the last management of this company made a total f**k up of everything by trying to get a cheaper, Turkish-made range of airguns that would somehow become quality made rifles under the Webley name. The result was a bloody disaster; with poorly made stuff that was just horrible to shoot, nobody bought and the company reduced to a shadow of its former self.

Thankfully, the idiots who got to the boardroom have all been sacked and a new management has set about trying to reverse the rot. Whether or not this new Raider 10-shot is up to the old standard that made Webley great, remains for guys like you to go test it and check it out for yourself, in the flesh so to speak.

I sincerely hope so. I grew up with a Webley & Scott .22 break barrel as my first air rifle as a very young lad and it was a little honey. They've built some lovely shooting spring rifles over the years like the FAC Patriot ( a real beauty of a rifle that), the Omega, Vulcan, Excel and the original Tomahawk. Their first PCPs were pretty good but not stunning. However, the originally-produced Raider 2-shot was well received and another one, the Axsor, won the 2001 Airgun Of The Year title! They all had a beautifully rich blueing and were quality-made kit throughout.

Maybe the new Raider 10 is a winner! :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

Edited by pianoman
  • 2 weeks later...

In the end went for a Turkish radider, the 10 shot Hatsan AT44 W10, I like it!

Basically the same rifle mate, the only differences being the inclusion of a safety, leaver action instead of bolt and the adjustable buttpad. I have an original brummie made raider and i cant fault it, not bad for a 10 year old gun.

Richard

Alrite guys,

I have a webley raider 10 and carnt fault it,its very accurate and with the shrouded barrel and silencer its super quiet.

How can you tell the difference between the turkish and brummy made guns?

hi buddy

a few questions for ya

Q1. where did you buy this rifle?

Q2. how long have you had it?

Q3. and can you put a link up to where you bought it,& how much? :thumbs:

Q4. can we have a pic of it "please"!!!

regards

Davy

The Hatsan does not have a shrouded barrel as far as I know, which is why I had a Whisper moderator chucked in as part of the deal. The side lever instead of the bolt and I do not know if the Webley has the safety catch at the back, something I like being an old Hatsan owner (can't get over the fact an Air Arms S200 does not have a safety lever)!

I love the magazines, so easy to reload and insert, I also love the quattro trigger and on the AT44 it is better than ever! I am still leading her up but I am getting pellet on pellet accuracy with the odd flier! I must remember to put up some photos of the targets! Trouble is it is so addictive to shoot, fire, flick lever, safety catch off, fire, so quick, as opposed to breaking a barrel, inserting a pellet, closing barrel, resighting, these things are so easy to use!

The Birmingham ones have Made in the UK on them at a guess, the Turkish ones have Made in Turkey on them.

They are about, a few dealers have them, but the .177 is rare, in fact the only one I have ever found is the one I have got!

Edited to say the only .177 I found does not have the fixed sound moderator, I have put photos up in the rifle review section.

Edited by secretagentmole

Alrite guys,

I have a webley raider 10 and carnt fault it,its very accurate and with the shrouded barrel and silencer its super quiet.

How can you tell the difference between the turkish and brummy made guns?

hi buddy

a few questions for ya

Q1. where did you buy this rifle?

Q2. how long have you had it?

Q3. and can you put a link up to where you bought it,& how much? :thumbs:

Q4. can we have a pic of it "please"!!!

regards

Davy

Hi davy,

I bought it of a friend second hand but he bought it from bob dunkley firearms m,bro cleveland in the spring of last year,He payed £300 new for gun only. i will try and put pic up. cheers atb

It says webley & scott ltd birmingham england on it but it doesnt actually say were it was made,carnt imagine them saying webley & scott turkey on them if they were made there!

Edited by austringer

my mate bought one about a month ago £450 the gun is turkish and its 22 came with 2 mags a brand new nikko mount master 3x40 scope buffalo river realtree gun bag

2 tins of bis magnums 12month warrenty charging adaptor and spare seals kit for charging adapter and its a good gun , no saftey is wierd tho :hmm: but it shoots inch and a half groupings at 35yard and i reckon it will do bettter [bANNED TEXT] its gets leaded up in the barrel and maybe sum diff pellets.

Dee