had a go at some 100 yard targets this morning

well i was asked to have a go at some 100 yard target shooting so i figured why not :D

well i have to say i think i could of done better if i had more time and set the scope up for the 100 yards

but instead i left it at its 40 yard zero,also i think if i had used a black cross instead of a target it would of helped to

so these are things i will do and then ill have a 2nd go at this :?

anyway the video is a bit boreing but i left it running with no pauses or editing while i did this so that no one could say "balls"

to the distance,not that anyone would do that with such bad grouping :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sE8ZfvG2qo

Hi Ryan.

Well done for attempting an extreme air rifle range target shoot.

Now that you have shown that you can happily "reach" the target at 100 yards, why not zero your rifle and scope and go for best precision that you can with the tightest groups you can hit? That would be something else. And place your camera close to the target so we can see the pellet impacts!

Again, well done!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Very satisfying when ya can hit the target from distance :yes: On one of my permissions long distance is the only way, some of the lads on here will berate me for saying this but up to 60 - 70 yards must add that I have practiced and practiced these distances on targets and can get groups of 5 withing a golfball size circle. Only head shots can work at these distances with a legal limit air rifle, take body shots and all you've done is condemn a living animal to a lingering and agonising death. :thumbs:

Nicely done .......i would say good shooting from that distance

i think if you only got one camera stick it up by the target you can then see where it lands :thumbs:

what scope you using ?

i might have a go at this with my AA510

dave

Hi Ryan.

Congrats mate, you were on :thumbs:

Interesting isnt it, so many variables to take into account.

My shooting buddy and I have a pop at the 100 now and again.

It would be nice to have a dedicated rifle just for the 100yd.

Look forward to your next installment mate :thumbs:

ATB.

Bill.

For 100 yards that's pretty good mate in a breeze as well that will never be constant.

What msg you using there pal?

I have the same scope on my HW100T and at that range I would need to use x12 I think due to the width of the reticule on the small 14 inch target.

Well done buddy.

Si

right since last time i did this i have now gone from the bisley magnums to the jsb heavys due to the lower drop rate of them,also i have asked if any .20 and .25 owners who are close by fancy joining in with the next video of this so we get a good comparision of all the cals? so if you have one and fancy it giz a shout/pm

ive also decided that a target on a single sheet of A4 is more than big anothe so here is what i have come up with,ive added a cross into the target just to hlp line up on.

100yardtarget.jpg