Does anybody still realse white pheasants and black pheasants on there shoots? I have a white bird wondering round my patch and has never seen it before and i seem to notice it from miles away, When i used tp put any other birds down they where guinea fowl? Never noticed many white pheasants before tho.

Lots of shoots still put down the odd white pheasant it is not something I have or ever will do though cause they have a nasty habit of turning up in embarrassing places like on the bosses lawn or in a neighbours drive they also do a good job of advertising your drives to everyone

Lots of shoots still put down the odd white pheasant it is not something I have or ever will do though cause they have a nasty habit of turning up in embarrassing places like on the bosses lawn or in a neighbours drive they also do a good job of advertising your drives to everyone

Thought you would have had a couple with a fine on there head bud!!........keepers pocket money and that... :thumbs:

Thought you would have had a couple with a fine on there head bud!!........keepers pocket money and that... :thumbs:

We have a few english partridge for just that every year I tell the boss they are wild birds and cause of that the fine has to be £150 per bird we make them give it to Help for hero's :thumbs:

• Like 1

We have a few english partridge for just that every year I tell the boss they are wild birds and cause of that the fine has to be £150 per bird we make them give it to Help for hero's :thumbs:

:thumbs: .............where i pick up we had a cock bird that was extremely territorial and he was nick named Archie, they even stopped doing a small drive just incase he was in there and got shot... :laugh: Unfortunately 2 weeks before the end of the season the bus driving the students to beat 1 day ran him over.....twat!!! :cry:

• 5 months later...

:thumbs: .............where i pick up we had a cock bird that was extremely territorial and he was nick named Archie, they even stopped doing a small drive just incase he was in there and got shot... :laugh: Unfortunately 2 weeks before the end of the season the bus driving the students to beat 1 day ran him over.....twat!!! :cry:

:laugh: :laugh: RIP archie!!!

FFS a bit of respect please....... :cry:

:laugh::laugh:

FFS a bit of respect please....... :cry:

:laugh::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: honest mate the respect is there i knew a bird just like him!! about two seasons ago i was helping my keeper mate when all of a sudden this cock bird came flying out the bush and started attacking the hilux :laugh: :laugh: he never gave in as we drove along he feed ride and when we got to end he stood on a tree stump with his chest out, flapping his wings and calling away to we left his territory :laugh: :laugh: the fecker used to do it every time till a fox got im :cry:

also i can remember when i was doing some work experience on another shoot where the keeper hatched and reared his own birds, he used to rear all the melanistic chicks separately in a couple of pens and when i asked him why he told me they all go out together to a drive called "the ghetto" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

where i pick up we had a cock bird that was extremely territorial and he was nick named Archie, they even stopped doing a small drive just incase he was in there and got shot... :laugh: Unfortunately 2 weeks before the end of the season the bus driving the students to beat 1 day ran him over.....twat!!! :cry:

aye kenny loved archie! im one of the students that was one said killer bus!! :laugh:

where i pick up we had a cock bird that was extremely territorial and he was nick named Archie, they even stopped doing a small drive just incase he was in there and got shot... :laugh: Unfortunately 2 weeks before the end of the season the bus driving the students to beat 1 day ran him over.....twat!!!

aye kenny loved archie! im one of the students that was one said killer bus!! :laugh:

The service was beautiful for him though........... :cry::D