Clear up the place?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if it was that bad why would you want to swap it for your brand new deben max pro lamp with battery new flip cover all leads and box :wallbash:   will tell you why because you havent got one to

I'm an old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool stickler for correct English and this modern-day text gobbledegook that people seem to use, far too readilly it seems these days, is just another poor bloody sh

Have to agree mate Us Scottish blokes do have a bit of banter in our own tongue but I have noticed the mobile phone talk getting worse and worse. Some of it is completely uncomprehensible.

The easiest way is to use paypal for everything...Then send it with proof of delivery..

You get some scammer trying to con you, file a dispute and get your cash back...

You can't use Paypal for sale of firearms. I'm fairly sure if you filed a claim, they would classify air guns as firearms.

Paypal terms of use

Then face to face or through an intermediary would be the best way, the bit I'm not getting is why it needs to be made "rules".

It is no one elses responsibility, I've been messed and ripped off in the past, it only happens once though, and it is my own fault.

The answer is above from the site owner, no mention of daft trusted members or gold penis's to pin on your camouflage apron.

That's not all aimed at you particularly Matt, only the first bit.

• Like 2

Firstly, despite the late (early) hour, I am stone cold sober.

I have just one word for the "trusted member" suggestion and that word is BOLLOCKS

If you don't know someone personally, or know someone who will vouch for them, then you are taking a big chance dealing with them, and when you've sent your shiny gun through the post to them and they've had your pants down, then it's your own fault!

If you want your "trusted member" silliness and post limits before people can sell, just like they have on the super dooper xyz airgun site, then my suggestion would be to sling your hook off to the xyz site, and stop whining about the way this site is run, stupid people will always do stupid things and it is no one elses responsibility to protect them.

I've done probably more deals than most on here, and if I rip someone then it would be the last deal I did, there's only 1 way to gain trust and that's to earn it, and trust includes keeping peoples personal details secret, not having Mr Fluffy Bollocks as an intermediary, what if he wakes up one morning and decides to rip you for the gun and the cash? I've had loads of proper dog lads addresses here over the years, and have done exactly the same with every one, destroyed them as soon as the gear is posted.

If you don't trust someone, then don't deal with them, or try to pass the responsibility for your own naiiveity (sp?) or stupidity on to anyone else, you're big boys now, man up and either take the chance or don't deal by post, but FFS stop crying about it!!!!

It's the internet for Christs sake, a place where 6 foot tall 14 stone Doormen can be 16 year old schoolgirls called Susan (only on a tuesday)

If all the other forums you all use are so great, then that's your question answered surely .............

you dont want a trusted list,because then you will be restricted who you can sell too :tongue2:

then you would be bollocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How would I be restricted? Do you think I'd do as I'm told?

After that comment i wouldn't deal with YOU!! unless i was going dogging :tongue2:

Bollocked? By whom?

Meaning you would be Fooked!! you wouldn't be able to sell

Like I said, if all the other sites are so great ......... why are you on here?

i am here because i like it here!! and is staying here!!

Do your deals on those and stop whining.

i am not whining :wallbash:just being safe!! :feck:

I have just one word for the "trusted member" suggestion and that word is BOLLOCKS

If you don't know someone personally, or know someone who will vouch for them, then you are taking a big chance dealing with them, and when you've sent your shiny gun through the post to them and they've had your pants down, then it's your own fault!

If you want your "trusted member" silliness and post limits before people can sell, just like they have on the super dooper xyz airgun site, then my suggestion would be to sling your hook off to the xyz site, and stop whining about the way this site is run, stupid people will always do stupid things and it is no one elses responsibility to protect them.

I've done probably more deals than most on here, and if I rip someone then it would be the last deal I did, there's only 1 way to gain trust and that's to earn it, and trust includes keeping peoples personal details secret, not having Mr Fluffy Bollocks as an intermediary, what if he wakes up one morning and decides to rip you for the gun and the cash? I've had loads of proper dog lads addresses here over the years, and have done exactly the same with every one, destroyed them as soon as the gear is posted.

If you don't trust someone, then don't deal with them, or try to pass the responsibility for your own naiiveity (sp?) or stupidity on to anyone else, you're big boys now, man up and either take the chance or don't deal by post, but FFS stop crying about it!!!!

It's the internet for Christs sake, a place where 6 foot tall 14 stone Doormen can be 16 year old schoolgirls called Susan (only on a tuesday)

If all the other forums you all use are so great, then that's your question answered surely .............

you dont want a trusted list,because then you will be restricted who you can sell too :tongue2:

After that comment i wouldn't deal with YOU!! unless i was going dogging :tongue2:

Bollocked? By whom?

Explain? Why would I be fooked? Once again I ask, who is going to stop me doing as I please?

Thing is, reputations and trust are earned, and are very easy to lose, be very careful of the company you keep and those you publicly vouch for, I can't wait to see that verification come back and bite you on the arse.

So instead of making stupid comments and growing your beard to make you look like a Dutch homosexual please refer to the questions I asked you.

Who will stop me?

Who will "bollock" me?

Why are you trying to change a site that doesn't need changing, it is fine as it is, if your airgun "buddies" are getting ripped then maybe just maybe they could protect themselves better!

You sound like a right busy body with all your proposed changes, go and have a wan.k and calm yourself down you old fusspot.

I fail to see how the posting of " trivial banter" benefits any site

I can see where you are coming from with this,, but THL is almost a social club,, some nights it is yhe trivial banter that makes the site! lol. trusted members is the way to go. :thumbs:

Perhaps the use of "trivial banter" was the wrong phrase.

I do enjoy having a good natter and a laugh with members on any forum, I, by my own admission, will tend to go quite far off topic (any of you who know me will varify that I'm sure) :whistling: but since you are amongst enthusiasts of the same thing, some of which you may come to call friends after knowing them, then theres nothing wrog with that at all, it's more or less the same as going down the local for a pint and a game of pool!

"Trivial banter" was the wrong thing to say, I should have said "pointless banter" someone posting "ooh that looks good" or "yeah I want one of those too" just clutters up the site and makes info finding alot more difficult for any non member, and indeed any member of the site! :wallbash: not a brilliant strategy in my opinion!

That's why I'd prefer the "trusted member list" despite SS's clear objection to it :laugh: . It was just something that was thought up by the powers that be to allow any member of the forum abit more security when conducting deals! That can only help with the sites smooth running and help put a stop to any scammers that may be thinking of taking anyones money! :toast: win win in my book!

Even if the "trusted member" did "go rogue" what would they get? £500 (rifle and money) and they'd then be locked up ASAP! Most "mods" on forums shoot together, or are at the very least friends and see eachother regularly, at least 5 of the Mods on the BSAOG see eachother every 2 weeks doing HFT! :notworthy: so they know eachothers addresses and details anyway! :boogie:

Sure it's safer to go and see the person in the flesh and do the deal F2F but if the facility is there for you to get that gun you wanted at a lower risk then why would you not take it? :whistling:

Phil :thumbs:

Bollocked? By whom?

Explain? Why would I be fooked? Once again I ask, who is going to stop me doing as I please?

because you can only deal with trusted members!!

if you deal out side this,then you are more likely to be ripped off?

Thing is, reputations and trust are earned, and are very easy to lose, be very careful of the company you keep and those you publicly vouch for, I can't wait to see that verification come back and bite you on the arse.

why would it?? if i trusted some one who i have delt with and met F2F

So instead of making stupid comments and growing your beard to make you look like a Dutch homosexual please refer to the questions I asked you.

Who will stop me? rules will!!

Who will "bollock" me? Admin will!!

Why are you trying to change a site that doesn't need changing, it is fine as it is, if your airgun "buddies" are getting ripped then maybe just maybe they could protect themselves better!

You sound like a right busy body with all your proposed changes, go and have a wan.k and calm yourself down you old fusspot.

i am not trying to change! its a suggestion!

as for the name calling :thumbdown:

hiding behind a computer :wallbash:

like to see what you are like in the real world? :hmm::boxing::tongue2:

shit i might even put you on the list my self? if i could trust you???????????????????????

:feck:

• Like 2

well said davy

just another BOY!!!!! showing off :feck:

im with you davy would be a better and safer place

atb steve

p.s davy had grown his beard the same as i have its called a FANNY TICKLER when you get some hair come back and i will talk you though the stages :bye:

well said davy

atb steve

p.s davy had grown his beard the same as i have its called a FANNY TICKLER when you get some hair come back and i will talk you though the stages :bye:

Oh I love it, now the scammer appears!

It's people like you di.ck head that have started people questioning other's honesty.

Are you going to explain to everyone why the gun shop didn't take the telephone payment for the rifle you scrounged on here then?

Boy? You reckon? What a chopper you are!

Now on to Divvy

Name calling? You started that one!

In the real world? Me? I'm just a 45 year old bloke who has spent more than half that life standing on the door. That has taught me respect and humility, and to never go on the back foot, certainly not to gobshites like yourself.

Meet you? No problem. Bring a bin bag.

Don't ever suggest you might do something you can't, you'll look a bigger tw.at than you do already.

Admin "bollock" me? Unlikely, I know most of them you sad act! I've spent the last 6 years getting out and about meeting lads, hence why I'm trusted.

Anyway will leave you 2 to get on with sharing your beards, pair of queers, matching beards, how sweet.

The thief and his lover .............. :kiss:

Edited by Strong Stuff
  • Like 2

well said davy

atb steve

It's people like you di.ck head that have started people questioning other's honesty.

Are you going to explain to everyone why the gun shop didn't take the telephone payment for the rifle you scrounged on here then?

Now on to Divvy

In the real world? Me? I'm just a 45 year old bloke who has spent more than half that life standing on the door. That has taught me respect and humility, and to never go on the back foot, certainly not to gobshites like yourself.

Don't ever suggest you might do something you can't, you'll look a bigger tw.at than you do already.

Admin "bollock" me? Unlikely, I know most of them you sad act! I've spent the last 6 years getting out and about meeting lads, hence why I'm trusted.

Anyway will leave you 2 to get on with sharing your beards, pair of queers, matching beards, how sweet.

Srong Stuff you seem to be taking this pesonally.I dont thing you have anything to worry about when it comes to trust.:thumbs:

well said davy

atb steve

Now on to Divvy it's Davy

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spare me your life story!!!

Another post that will gradually slide into the bowels of the THL cesspit.Its a shame that grown men cant discuss their opinions and views without resorting to childish quibble.I will not name names but must agree with several posters views on this topic and can see their points as valid.However nobody has mentioned that "a fool and his money are soon parted", I wonder why?. :hmm:

well said davy

atb steve

Now on to Divvy

as for the scammer is that really your strongest word to me im going to cry :feck: PROVE IT

Now on to Divvy

why call yourself this for :hmm:

why is that for the trash that come out of your mouth :laugh: