what is the most quiet airrifle straight out the box

hi lads i was just wondering what rifle it would be,not one where you add an after market moderater but new and straight from

the box and no price limit.???could be some interesting views maybe. :thumbs:

atb

tony

ps maybe you could show the rest of us on here which one you think, with a picture or a link,thanks.

Edited by fazerman

Hi Tony.

Air Arms TX200 and Pro Sport are fairly quiet straight from the box, as their bull barrels contain baffles around the actual bores that act as an in-built silencer. Perhaps bull-barrel pcps' like the BSA R10 and AirArms S510 work the same way? Otherwise, unmoderated pcp rifles tend to go with a fair old crack.

secretagentmole.

Gas?

Pcp rifles are charged with air and air is all they use mate. Gas is the combustable vapour from a liquid propellant; like petrol, butane or propane surely? :hmm:

Simon.

Er Pianoman, when I was at school I was taught that air is a gas! OK, not widely referred to as gas but it is a gas as on this planet it remains in the third state of matter, that is a gaseous form! But I can understand what you meant I should have said air, but I was trying to explain the method of primary propulsion, that is a release of a gas/air rather than disengaging a spring or ram to activate a piston which then compresses air... I think I have covered it! CO2 is a gas as well (in case anybody else wants to comment lol) or rather it is at most ambient temperatures encountered whilst shooting (some fool may want to try shooting a CO2 gun on the surface of Jupiter I don't know why, but they might)...

Edited by secretagentmole

My Daystate air ranger comes with a shrouded barrel and is super quiet. I don`t even have a mad fitted but have tried it with one and all you can hear is the action and the pellet strike.

Quietest I`ve came across anyway

ATB

sorry but whats a mad???

My Daystate air ranger comes with a shrouded barrel and is super quiet. I don`t even have a mad fitted but have tried it with one and all you can hear is the action and the pellet strike.

ATB

sorry but whats a mad???

i think you ment a mod sorry just twigged, have you got a picture of that rifle,id like to see that.? :thumbs:

ATB

sorry but whats a mad???

i think you ment a mod sorry just twigged, have you got a picture of that rifle,id like to see that.? :thumbs:

Ha ha ha MOD yes!

Have a look

bitsandbobs003.jpg