New International Lurcher Events

Albertj

i quote .all terrier and lurcher classes is 5 euro whatever the owners religion nationality or politics ....well albert thank you very much for clearing that up well done you .as for going to shows i travel to shanes every year for the last 10 or 12 about a 2 hour drive . i have also travelled to birr which is another 2 hour drive .also to johnnys in kilkenny and matt in wexford ,but its not the big money that attracts me to a show its the for the crack and to meet old friends ...but then thats only my view

Thanks a million for the mention Just Hunt, hope to see you on May 1st again. Thaks again

Good Hunting

Johnny85

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You really do appear to have a rather odd 'chip on your shoulder' about something. I should have thought most lurcher owners would have welcomed fresh innovative competitions instead of inaccurate and

First of all, I'd like to apologise for taking this thread slightly off topic! but I feel I have to respond when the "Five Nations International Working Terrier Championship" has been mentioned! it wa

I can't understand all this craic about entrty fee's, to the fair, and to enter your Lurcher or Terrier to the show; I'd of thought it was dead simple.... if you don't like it.... don't go !! If the m

I would turn your question round and ask which UK or Irish game or country fair ( with equivalent prizes) offers a better deal than two days admission and an entry into the lurcher racing and a show class for €7 more than the normal admission fee?

I will finish off and say that the concession agreed this year will stand this year and I will revisit it with the MA in 2012. This is not me being 'arrogant' simply sticking by a deal I came to.

Albertj

Albert lets clear this one up :whistling: WHY CANT THE LURCHER SHOW AND RACING BE ON THE SAME DAY? one day for lurchers and the other for terriers :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

DAZZAM,

As I said before this is a cheaper entry fee than any of the other sports. I don't show my golden retrievers other than at the club show because they are working dogs. But I put an entry in the other day because I am President of the club. It cost £10 for the class and the only prizes on offer were rosettes!

Albertj

I've always believed the Irish lads were passionate about working their dogs and showing was just for the craic?

£10 for the class and the only prizes on offer were rosettes? Once again I take it you are talking a KC show? and not a championship show at that? So yopur obviously aware of KC shows and their entry fees :thumbs: could you not take a leaf out of their book by way of charging for the first class (5euro)a dog enters and then a nominal 1euro for each subsequent class the same dog enters?

Y.I.S Leeview

About the exchange rate.......why not just take the correct currency when you travel north or south - there are filling stations with cash dispensers north and south of the border...? Or just choose to leave your dogs at home or go to a dog show/racing which generally works out cheaper?

albert well done on the prizes and you do take a bit of stick well :thumbs:and i do mean that everone else its all imaterial as its dawned on me everyone thats complaining on here will still go and still pay the five euro and enter such money making icons as the ladies and the gentlemans classes at a fiver a pop good luck to mawtlc on their annual payday :db:

albert well done on the prizes and you do take a bit of stick well :thumbs:and i do mean that everone else its all imaterial as its dawned on me everyone thats complaining on here will still go and still pay the five euro and enter such money making icons as the ladies and the gentlemans classes at a fiver a pop good luck to mawtlc on their annual payday :db:

i can assure you deemac that altough i might be at the show ,not as long as my arse faces the ground will i give the mawtlc 5 euro to enter a dog ....thats a full 3 euro than most other shows in the country .but i am sure there will be lads willing to pay it and thats there choice .what ever floats there boat .

enter gentle mans class ...bullocks to that what aload of crap leave it up to some arse lick to claim that ptize

AlbertJ

Just as a matter of interest who actually pays for the rosettes and trophies and prize money for the shows, as I understand it's around £4 for each entry into the lurcher & terrier classes which goes to the Mid Antrim club. If they are providing the rosettes and trophies then they do need recompense even though it seems quite dear, if they are not then why does it need to be that expensive as they have not imo had a significant outlay to justify it.

It seems you haven't answered my question yet which is a shame as if it is the MA club providing everything then people would perhaps understand better why it's so expensive to enter a class.

trophies and rosettes still dont justify a fiver per class imo,at ballinlough last year the lads brought the prizes with them and they didnt charge it,i seen them unwrapping trophies before the show is how i know.dukie the antrim club wont answer you so i wouldnt bother.good luck

trophies and rosettes still dont justify a fiver per class imo,at ballinlough last year the lads brought the prizes with them and they didnt charge it,i seen them unwrapping trophies before the show is how i know.dukie the antrim club wont answer you so i wouldnt bother.good luck

Your right even if they bought the rosettes & trophies it's still too dear, we organise and run shows over here in England, provide our own trophies and rosettes and still only charge £1 or £2 per entry.Thought that AlbertJ might have had the courtesy to reply but there you go.

Edited by Dukie

I can't understand all this craic about entrty fee's, to the fair, and to enter your Lurcher or Terrier to the show; I'd of thought it was dead simple.... if you don't like it.... don't go !! If the majority of people didn't go, the fair/show would fold, or reduce their prices !! It's called supply and demand !!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2

I can't understand all this craic about entrty fee's, to the fair, and to enter your Lurcher or Terrier to the show; I'd of thought it was dead simple.... if you don't like it.... don't go !! If the majority of people didn't go, the fair/show would fold, or reduce their prices !! It's called supply and demand !!

Cheers.

everyone wants to go they just don,t want to be charged so much, which is understandable in this climate.

hello all, dont know the in and outs of the running of game fairs.where would i see last years pics of winners lurcher and whippet racing.as i got the picture of my young lad and the winning dog and have bought 101 copies of the country mans weekly and never saw the pictures inside :L but all and all i thought it was a great day and hope 2 be there this year :p thanks to all the organisers,have been goin to gamefairs the last 27 years and find birr to be good little to expensive espically when u have kids with you.

Edited by tomq

I travel all over Ireland and Northern Ireland to compete at shows regardless of costs etc.. Is it not about meeting people and having a good sporting day with ur dogs etc?? That;s what I thought it was all about anyway.. Just goes to show where the lurcher world is headin when people have this kind of attitude.. Albert has gone out of his way to accomodate the folk that seem to want evrything for nothing or near enough that. I personally think its great that people are coming up with new ideas and things that we can compete in. You haveta be in the game.. Cant people just be grateful for out sport instead of letting it go to the dogs literally..

Edited by dannyboi