What's the best working dog food you can get ??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your staff will eat raw meat. By taking it away when he turns his nose up at it you are making him a fussy eater. A dog wont let itself go hungry, if raw meat is all it has the option of it will soon

red mills racer for me.

When my pup was in the house i fed him in kitchen on a towel. If he tried to wander off with it then I took it off him for a few mins. He soon got the hang of eating on the towel.   Only problem was

my staff wont eat raw meat, my mum had him on bakers :censored: and that sent him hyper.He's fed mince and rice now but the mince is cooked. :wallbash:

Your staff will eat raw meat. By taking it away when he turns his nose up at it you are making him a fussy eater. A dog wont let itself go hungry, if raw meat is all it has the option of it will soon eat it and like it. You just have to be consistant and not give in when he tries to make you feel guilty about not changing it.

• Like 5

my staff wont eat raw meat, my mum had him on bakers :censored: and that sent him hyper.He's fed mince and rice now but the mince is cooked. :wallbash:

he will eat it if hes hungry mate and knows he cant have anything else

especially if he sees another dog eating it.

he will eat it if hes hungry mate and knows he cant have anything else

especially if he sees another dog eating it.

start adding a little raw to his usual diet,gradually increasing it untill its all raw :thumbs:

I have heard only good things about redmills racer and always keep a bag in the house even though I feed raw now.

JPTfellterrier - I used to think I couldn't feed raw due to storage space and mess in kitchen etc. All I have got is the bottom drawer of our freezer and I manage fine. Granted I am trying to get a chest freezer so I can buy in bulk and reduce costs but it is manageable without.

All the best.

Gaz

for convenience (dont have a outside area to feed raw meat regularly) i feed doctor johns gold, it has a high protien and fibre content but with low fat content and its the only one my lurcher will eat

I feed mine inside always have. I just use a big cleaver to make smaller chunks so they don't wonder around the house with it. I cut the rabbits/chickens etc into bigger pieces each time til they just stay in the kitchen. You can also feed in the bathroom and mop the floor after.

When my pup was in the house i fed him in kitchen on a towel. If he tried to wander off with it then I took it off him for a few mins. He soon got the hang of eating on the towel.

Only problem was my 10 month old daughter would try to sit on the towel and share :-D

• Like 1

for convenience (dont have a outside area to feed raw meat regularly) i feed doctor johns gold, it has a high protien and fibre content but with low fat content and its the only one my lurcher will eat

I feed mine inside always have. I just use a big cleaver to make smaller chunks so they don't wonder around the house with it. I cut the rabbits/chickens etc into bigger pieces each time til they just stay in the kitchen. You can also feed in the bathroom and mop the floor after.

you havn't met my dog, it would probably be like world war 3 in the kitchen...they do get big raw nuckle bones in the summer when they can just wonder about all day