• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keepers need to learn that to keep good beaters youve got to be willing to give them a bit back, more than just 20 quid and a bacon cob! Beaters are becoming harder and harder to find these days for these exact reasons. No body should expect to get anything much before they have proven themselves worthy but oportunities should be made available to worthy beaters.

Through beating I have free roam of the shoot anytime of year, pigeon shooting, dog work, all sorts. Because I earnt it and the keeper sees the benefits from a trusting relationship between beaters and keepers.

Not knocking your way, if it works it works, but I think its out of order these days...

atb

Keepers need to learn that to keep good beaters youve got to be willing to give them a bit back, more than just 20 quid and a bacon cob! Beaters are becoming harder and harder to find these days for these exact reasons. No body should expect to get anything much before they have proven themselves worthy but oportunities should be made available to worthy beaters.

Through beating I have free roam of the shoot anytime of year, pigeon shooting, dog work, all sorts. Because I earnt it and the keeper sees the benefits from a trusting relationship between beaters and keepers.

Not knocking your way, if it works it works, but I think its out of order these days...

atb

Yes but as you say its because you have build up a bond of trust with your keeper, you wouldn't expect a team of 10-12 beaters and 3/4 pickers up to have free riegn on the ground out of season..... :icon_eek:

Its 30 quid up here with lunch and cock shoot at the end of the year, you cant ask fairer than that. :thumbs:

atb

Yes but as you say its because you have build up a bond of trust with your keeper, you wouldn't expect a team of 10-12 beaters and 3/4 pickers up to have free riegn on the ground out of season..... :icon_eek:

Its 30 quid up here with lunch and cock shoot at the end of the year, you cant ask fairer than that. :thumbs:

I agree, my position is beyond fair. But then I do more than just beat now, but all earnt through beating. However for a worthy beater I personally feel abit of ferreting or pigeon shooting is more than fair, under control of course. I just think that 20-30 quid a day isnt really fair on a GOOD beater. If you offer them a bit more then you will keep them and a seasoned and experienced team can make a keepers life a hell of alot easier.

atb

I agree, my position is beyond fair. But then I do more than just beat now, but all earnt through beating. However for a worthy beater I personally feel abit of ferreting or pigeon shooting is more than fair, under control of course. I just think that 20-30 quid a day isnt really fair on a GOOD beater. If you offer them a bit more then you will keep them and a seasoned and experienced team can make a keepers life a hell of alot easier.

Yes i totally agree with you there. When i had my shoots i had a close group of beaters and if anybody phoned me up to shoot a few pigeons or bolt a few rabbits then i would be more than happy to let them do so. I wouldn't however let them come and go when they pleased as you are just looking for trouble. :thumbs:

atb

Its 30 quid up here with lunch and a bit of COCK at the end of the year, you cant ask fairer than that. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

atb

Its 30 quid up here with lunch and a bit of COCK at the end of the year, you cant ask fairer than that. :thumbs:

Stop f*****g around with my posts ya fecker....... :laugh:

atb

Stop f*****g around with my boy frend judge ya c**t....... :

sorry :thumbs:

atb

totally agree, thats why i said in my post not till after you have been a few times, i would never reject anybody who wanted to go and do a few pigeon, or a bit of ferreting (as long as they did the cover crops first :D)I cant understand where I have gone wrong on this one as it clearly state info via PM!

now I know what has been offered is still to low (money wise) but my hands are tied, the keepers among us now how hard it is to extract money from the boss!!

atb

totally agree, thats why i said in my post not till after you have been a few times, i would never reject anybody who wanted to go and do a few pigeon, or a bit of ferreting (as long as they did the cover crops first :D)I cant understand where I have gone wrong on this one as it clearly state info via PM!

now I know what has been offered is still to low (money wise) but my hands are tied, the keepers among us now how hard it is to extract money from the boss!!

'My beaters get well looked after and dont ask to go shooting or any other thing in return!'

Obviously not. Beating is a way to get introductions to fieldsports and maybe some permission, if you cut that off before people even arrive then what's the point, especially now due to the cost of fuel.

atb

'My beaters get well looked after and dont ask to go shooting or any other thing in return!'

Obviously not. Beating is a way to get introductions to fieldsports and maybe some permission, if you cut that off before people even arrive then what's the point, especially now due to the cost of fuel.

They really dont cant understand it really, I have to ask them to go, but that works fine as they go when its best,

we are a little of topic here really, I would never expect anybody to go beating with out have something in return that pleases them wether thats money,shooting,ferreting,dog training or just a good laugh, there a couple of women that come and they do it for is the walk, one even said its cheeper than joining a gym!

atb

They really dont cant understand it really, I have to ask them to go, but that works fine as they go when its best,

we are a little of topic here really, I would never expect anybody to go beating with out have something in return that pleases them wether thats money,shooting,ferreting,dog training or just a good laugh, there a couple of women that come and they do it for is the walk, one even said its cheeper than joining a gym!

Didnt mean to take the thread off track pal. Good to have cleared it up though, might attract a few more lads as how your original post came across wasnt doing you justice. :thumbs: Nobody likes the sort that come along and then at the end of their 2nd days beating they are after ferreting etc, those sort should be f****d off straight away!

what shoot is it , where is it ,cheshires a fair size, whos the boss ? wouldnt mind a bit of beating in exchance for some ferreting as ive a few farms in the cheshire area and done a little beating in the area , teal man pm me if you want with more details

Edited by Clipper
  • 2 weeks later...