starlight archer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi just bought a starlight archer nv just wondering if anyone knew the best scope to use it on i got it on my bushnell trophy 6-18x40 at the moment and it works fine but i heard that different scopes work better

cheers guys topshot

hi,i to am looking at buying an archer unit,so would be very interested in your views on the product.I spoke to julian at starlight and he recomended Leupold v3' saying that they work better than the German scopes due to the lens coatings,but they are not the cheepest!!!!Would be interesting to compare various scopes!Keep us posted,as sure i'm not the only one interested in the archer un it :thumbs::thumbs:

Can i ask what you are paying for these archer's ?? Have a look at these post

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/188239-pulsar-challenger-gs-1x-20/

Hi,Archers Lowest tube grade D around £1600!!!But looks excellent,able to shoot fox at 200 yards+ Have not Heard of Pulsar challenger,will have a look also,thanks,Debur.

Put link up for ya there is a list of scopes that work good with add-ons, Did you not have a look for a Envis gen3 mono they go from £1000 to £1500 and just as good as a pvs14 and a grand cheaper. They don't look as nice but they do there job very well for the money.

hi just bought a starlight archer nv just wondering if anyone knew the best scope to use it on i got it on my bushnell trophy 6-18x40 at the moment and it works fine but i heard that different scopes work better

cheers guys topshot

hi top shot , iv had the archer for a while now and use in on my nightforce (5.5 22x56. but its waisted on it as i only ever go to 8 xmag , the clarity is perfect but the cross hairs are very fine duo to having to move eye piece to compensate for archer which scope, every body if different and say this and that , but you only get what you pay for . like julian says the leupold scope works the best so you coud start their.the only thing that i would say is go for some thing that got less mag , unless you in tend to shoot at longer ranges , most of mine is up to 130yd or so but most are closser . the archer i have can pick charlie double that and more but dont bother at that distance. keep us posted if u get any luck and ill do same as changing mine. :thumbs:

Derboy which of the archers have you got? Just been looking there's a few differences in the tubes. How do these compare to the envis or pvs-14? I wish I had bought an archer now instead of my yukon as I can't use it as an add on.

i got the gen3 B grade , very clear , darker the better . i havent got to look through the p.v.s 14 just whent with archer as its made here in uk , just in case any broblems arise.

That's exactly what I thought and bought a yukon, but I bought it just for spotting. After I bought it I found out it may be possible to mount it as an add on but since has been proved otherwise.

So you seem quite happy with it's performance as an add on, would be nice to compare against other nv mono's.

sako , very happy with it , it took same time to get used to takeing it on and off , but practise is the key word , i was tending to rush to sort things out thinking they can see you as its that bright with the lasser on, and with the scope on 5 to 8 x mag and archer x2 mag, you think they are alott closser than you think . :thumbs:

I now know exactly what you mean. I have just managed to sort out the yukon mono, I've got it to focus. It's only on a 6x42 S&B but looking 150yrds was like 75yrds. I haven't shot the rifle with it on as the scope isn't zeroed but tomorrows another day and if it works I'll be looking for another mono for spotting.

Derboy what calibre have you got the archer on? You've probably answered that elsewhere but Im afraid research isn't my strong point.

hi mate, got mine on the 20cal (204) with the 40gr vmax it does the job for me and little recoil. ill be going for the dedicated scope when i get same spare cash; and then put the archer on the 6mm as a back up . i allways take a second gun . i can use it as a spotter and if needed put it strait on the 6mm , then im sorted . :whistling: but im geting rid of the 6m .im stuck between 2 guns , 20br or the 6mm ackly . or mayby the 2 :laugh: all the best tonight . :thumbs:

Derboy you've got me when it comes to measurements, 6mm? what's that? I only understand basic terms Im afraid, Im only any good at pulling triggers not the technical details!

How do you find the 204? I've just phoned for a form to vary my fac but Im unsure of the best calibre. I was thinking of .222, .223, or the 204 just for the nv mono. I usually shoot a 22-250 but as I say I haven't shot it with the add on so dont know what it's going to be like. I only shoot fox so Im looking for advice on the best calibre for low recoil with the best stopping power for use with an add on.

sako,6mm is the same as a 243 ,just the case is diffrent . the 204 is great little cal fast and flat, i like it , the recoil is near as nill witch gives great sight when you pull the triger , iv never shoot any of the other calls to any great exstent .but allot of people shoot and lv the 22-50. try it fisrt and then go from their .the 22-50 has the most recoil as i can remember and as of the other 2 whant be far of the 204 . hope this helps .

derboy