:D happy and relived

i lost my oldest jill 'fleet' on sunday.. i'd been going back every day to check for her but nothing, on monday i found a very big hole where we had been ferreting that either a fox or sniffer dog from the land oowner had dug which had retrieved the rabbit that the ferret was layed up with but the ferret was no where to be seen :thumbdown:.. so three days had passed and i continued to been check every day. and now im sitting here having I just got in from looking for her.

went out with the lamp a took a food bowl to shake, searced for about hour and a half all over the fields and moors around.. it started tooo rain i was just about to give up and look for her tomorrow when i picked up her red eyes on the lamp I was soo relieved started whistling her in and shaking the food bowl and she came straight too me starving and soaked. such a relief She is now safely back in the hutch drtying off and putting the younger jills back in their place :thumbs:

I would just like to piont out she went missing due to a silly embarising mistake by me that i'll never make again. i decided to work her with out a coller becuase my ferret finder was f*ck*d up and my ferreting partner had just bought a new quik set longnet so we wanted to still try it out.. it wasnt worth it will never make that decision again

:thumbs:

anyway got her back and stress is over :D

Ben

i lost my oldest jill 'fleet' on sunday.. i'd been going back every day to check for her but nothing, on monday i found a very big hole where we had been ferreting that either a fox or sniffer dog from the land oowner had dug which had retrieved the rabbit that the ferret was layed up with but the ferret was no where to be seen :thumbdown:.. so three days had passed and i continued to been check every day. and now im sitting here having I just got in from looking for her.

went out with the lamp a took a food bowl to shake, searced for about hour and a half all over the fields and moors around.. it started tooo rain i was just about to give up and look for her tomorrow when i picked up her red eyes on the lamp I was soo relieved started whistling her in and shaking the food bowl and she came straight too me starving and soaked. such a relief She is now safely back in the hutch drtying off and putting the younger jills back in their place :thumbs:

I would just like to piont out she went missing due to a silly embarising mistake by me that i'll never make again. i decided to work her with out a coller becuase my ferret finder was f*ck*d up and my ferreting partner had just bought a new quik set longnet so we wanted to still try it out.. it wasnt worth it will never make that decision again

Ben

well done for looking,work is work with or with out a collar and never a mistake i only use bells myself have used locators but i dont get on with them and ive never lost on yet ,had a few very long waits but thats about it ,heres a tip if you aint got a locator use a fox call i use one to call mine up if there in to long never fails ,all the best hope this helps

Edited by kevin from bristol

Ben

well done for looking,work is work with or with out a collar and never a mistake i only use bells myself have used locators but i dont get on with them and ive never lost on yet ,had a few very long waits but thats about it ,heres a tip if you aint got a locator use a fox call i use one to call mine up if there in to long never fails ,all the best hope this helps

Kevin it won't matter what you use to call a ferret out if it's stuck on the wrong side of a rabbit or rabbits in a block end.:yes: Just out of interest why don't you get on with locators?

Good to hear you got your ferret back proper22.:thumbs: