Bedlington cross saluki

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dog was 18 month old in picture , as stated before i treat him like a lurcher ie lamping rabbits, i also use him for bushing / flushing to shotgun/lurchers, i also use him when carrying out pest contr

its a real tough x, and have very little injury problems, and can run on the hardest of stuff...

heres a cross we done beddy whippet grey x saluki x grey heres the result

Posted Images

Guest eastmids

havent owned a running dog in a few years now, i had back then 23inch saluki whippet greyhound x a first cross bedlington whippet,...he was a cracking little lamping dog for my land,cattle ground paddocky type placesbut tended to feck off now n then when he missed.:doh:

That's sounds a good plan bigears if you do find a bitch to line him with let me no and how tall is he ?

hes just over 18" tts and weighs 26lb i lamp him he works with shotgun/rifle very good at tracking deer, never failed to find what i have shot to date

Very nice cross I wonder if that's where the wooly coat comes from in some of the coursing dogs from the bedlington ?

A lot of original lurchers where long haired mate. Like the tumbler, norfolk etc. Also rough coats are caursed by the deerhound, collies, wheaton and as you state the beddlington..

• Like 1

Would like to see a saluki bedlington greyhound think that would be a better cross atb jack

TOBY THE HOOVER HAD THIS MAKE UP. he was an exceptioal dog still talked about today 30 yrs later, also he was merlins father, i reckon thers 10,000 dogs about with him in the family tree somewhere.:thumbs: mine is, looks like him too, but mine got more sal in it, bacon ears,feather and rough coat, plenty of wind with a very good strike.:thumbs:

who bred toby then

heres mine, bred down off old toby (hoover) and fly thats where the coat comes from

Picture143.jpg

can i ask, do you show this dog? And do you have any other lurchers mates?

never been to a show in me life and i've another 2 coursing dogs