• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YEP mam and dad

Posted Images

I see about half a dozen a year in lancashire that have white wings or plenty of white feathers mixed in. I have a stuffed half white blackbird. There was a brown crow near M61 junction next to bolton wanderers ground in horwich a year or two back.

Got to admit Id love a white crow to go with my white blackbird. Got a white stoat and a half white pheasant waiting in the freezer.

ive saw one in lancashire fully white rumours it had been there 11 year ???

do you mean the white Rook that was seen quite often around Hapton and Simonstone /Padiham area ?

those colour mutations have occured for years in that area

ive seen a few blackbirds with white on them,even a white pheasant once,love to see a thread of albino british wildlife on here.

now that would be a great thread mate, i seem to only see things when i havent a camera with me but im keeping one in the glove box now hopefully get a photo of that crow. i bit off the crow subject but ive seen a few grey squirrels with large patches of red on them too not sure if thats common.

Many years ago my dad shot on a farm and there was a brood of 5 pure white carrion crows. One day he was walking along the edge of the field in which he had seen this brood a couple of times when they all came over him, he proceeded to knock one down. He got it stuffed and we still have it now. It did not have red eyes though, instead they were blue.

I have also see an albino blackbird on a pheasant shoot we are on. I will try and get a photo up of the white crow if I can figure out how to upload them.

Edited by Cam-S94