• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont agrree with hare shoots would rather see them run with dogs than shot at it aint sport.

Well its got to be done either way, you cant have around 3000 hares eating all the crops it would decimate them and if this was rabbits no one would bat an eyelid. I live in the countryside and its an

Interesting maybe someone should put them straight they seem to think the brown hare is in decline due to hare coursing (CLIP TAKEN FROM A SHOOTING!! MAG)  

dont "like" to see them shot, but at the end of the day its for management

Thats what its all about, farm management I guess some of the guys dont see this amount of hares about and that makes it rub the wrong way. I know its not everyones cup of tea but that could be said about shooting/dogs/hawks/ferrets and fishing.

I had no intention to upset or offend anyone if I have I appologise.

Thats what its all about, farm management I guess some of the guys dont see this amount of hares about and that makes it rub the wrong way. I know its not everyones cup of tea but that could be said about shooting/dogs/hawks/ferrets and fishing.

shouldnt need to apologise its in the correct sub forum and it is what it says on the tin, :thumbs:

shouldnt need to apologise its in the correct sub forum and it is what it says on the tin, :thumbs:

Correct,,, but Ah`d lay low on the lurcher forum for a bit,,, and expect some mad PM`s lol

ATB

Correct,,, but Ah`d lay low on the lurcher forum for a bit,,, and expect some mad PM`s lol

ATB

lol :thumbs: :thumbs:

They had a hare shoot near me in sibsey and they shot 600 hares over 2 days!! that was a few years ago now but i dont hunt there anymore so dont know if they have had one since. they used to have one every 2/3 years. An old wifes tale says 1 hare eats the same as 3 rabbits so if thats the case then its the same having 1800 rabbits on one farm!! One of the farms i go on thinks they are a major pest and urges me to control them all year round....while others like to see them roaming around..each to there own on this one.,

The point here is that the hare population in certain areas, particularly parts of lincs, NEEDS managing. Not eradicating but managing. Many people dont like shooting hares at all, myself included, and I dont like even seeing them shot on a shoot day. However some lads do enjoy ground game and to say they are wrong to enjoy it is absolutely no different to antis telling us we should not enjoy our own chosen forms of hunting. And if I remember right, that is one of the main points they use against us.

As a side note, I know of a few lads that enjoy their hare shoots out boston way and they tell me that the hares are sold at 4 quid a pop and the rest to the game dealer and ALL of the proceedes go to the local church. Ya cant argue with that really. If all us lurchermen kept our noses cleaner the hare might have an easier time in this country, theres certainly no better form of conservation for old puss than a well run pro coursing estate. :thumbs:

The press always say hares are declining in relation to coursing articles, to try and paint hare coursers as some kind of evil sick people who are killing off the last of an endangered species :thumbdown: shoots like this show theres still plenty of hares in some places. the trouble with shooting them is its completely indiscriminate and culls both the healthiest and the weakest, whereas coursing when legal, encouraged the culling of the weak/old/sick etc and the strongest/fastest/cleverest hares would survive.

• Like 1

why appologise? if some of the idiots cant handle asomeone else doing an legal activity thats there look out.

good day that , i bet them loads aint cheap either :gunsmilie: