Bedlington/ whippet bitch - ideal ferreting/ bushing dog

This is a very hard post for me to write, but I must do it for the sake of the bitch.

Sadly, I have to get rid of my beddy/ whippet. She's nearly 3yrs old, trained for ferreting, stock broken and an absolute demon on daytime rabbits (admitedly, she's not the greatest lamper as she prefers to use her nose so much). She's had one fox single handed and been in on a couple of others, but her main thing she's done is rabbiting. Great with people and LOVES kids. Hunts, jumps (loves bloody jumping, lol) retrieves.

So, why does she have to go? Well, two reasons.

1) My job now involves working 6 days per week starting early and finishing late, so she doesn't get the opportunity to ferret as much as she used to/ should do and as I've mentioned, lamping is not her strong point.

2) She positively does not get on with my deerhound x bitch. I've tried everything to sort them out, but everytime the deerhounds back is turned the wee one 'has a go' and there have been a few 'hairy' moments. I thought at first this may be just a phase, but unfortunately not. She's fine with dogs, but definitely not with bitches. Kenneling them separately doesn't work, cos she still goes for it when I walk them or anytime they get near each other and it's only a matter of time before the big dog really bites back and kills her.

So, there's no point in keeping her when I can't work her enough and I cannot risk her ending up losing her life cos she doesn't know when to quit. Maybe she needs more work on foxes?

Anyway, I'm asking £200 for her, but this may be negotiable to the right person.

Please note, this bitch WILL NOT just be going to the first person to make an offer. She is a cracking wee dog, with a lovely personality (unless you're another bitch) Several guys on here have seen her in action and can vouch for her ability. I want to make sure she goes to a good home, who will give her the work she needs and love her as much as we do. Those who know me will know how hard this is for me to do (it's taken me nearly three hours to write and get to the submit stage).

I'm in Ayrshire, near Glasgow.

D_0490.jpg

hunting011.jpg

Guest Nightwalker

Have a bump up Misty. Must have been a tough decision, but the right one. I have had dogs killed in fights and it aint pretty, pm me and let me know how that big girl of yours is working. N