PULSAR CHALLENGER GS 1X 20

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PULSAR CHALLENGER GS 1X 20 .ANYONE USED ONE OF THESE .ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY.WHAT RANGE CAN YOU SEE CLEARLY SEE A RABBIT SIZED OBJECT AT USING ADDITIONAL IR SOURCE.ANY PROBLEMS ADJUSTING TO SUIT YOUR SCOPE.THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

The Pulsar challenger is a good way into NV with extra IR you should be able to shoot out to 80 to 100 yards depending on day scope

PULSAR CHALLENGER GS 1X 20 .ANYONE USED ONE OF THESE .ARE THEY WORTH THE MONEY.WHAT RANGE CAN YOU SEE CLEARLY SEE A RABBIT SIZED OBJECT AT USING ADDITIONAL IR SOURCE.ANY PROBLEMS ADJUSTING TO SUIT YOUR SCOPE.THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.

The Pulsar challenger is a good way into NV with extra IR you should be able to shoot out to 80 to 100 yards depending on day scope

what scope would you recomend.thanks for your help.

Here is a list of some scopes that will do the job, it is best to get a scope with side or front focus. i have tried a lot of scopes and the maximum power i got to was a 6.5-24x50, the 1st and 2nd number on the scope is the most important, in most cases the lower the numbers the better the image

AGS SWAT 4-16x56

AGS Compact 4-14x42 [not the 3-12x44 Compact SWAT?]

AGS SWAT 3-12x44

Bushnel Banner 4-12x40

Bushnel Trophy 4-12x40

Bushnel Legend 5-15x40

Falcon Merlin Tactical fixed 10x mag **Best**

Falcon Merlin Tactical 4-14x56IR mag

Falcon Menace 10X42

Falcon Menace 4-14x44

Leupold Vx-III 6.5-20x50 lr Model no. 57180 Varmint retical, side focus

Leupold 10x42

leapers swat 3-12-44

MTC Optics Viper 4-16x50

MTC Optics Viper 6-24x56

Nikon Buckmaster 4-14x40

Nikko Sterling Night eater 6 -24 x 56

Here is a list of some scopes that will do the job, it is best to get a scope with side or front focus. i have tried a lot of scopes and the maximum power i got to was a 6.5-24x50, the 1st and 2nd number on the scope is the most important, in most cases the lower the numbers the better the image

thanks for your advice.

AGS SWAT 4-16x56

AGS SWAT 3-12x44

Bushnel Banner 4-12x40

Bushnel Trophy 4-12x40

Bushnel Legend 5-15x40

Falcon Menace 10X42

Falcon Menace 4-14x44

Leupold 10x42

leapers swat 3-12-44

MTC Optics Viper 4-16x50

MTC Optics Viper 6-24x56

Nikon Buckmaster 4-14x40

thanks for your advice.

AGS SWAT 4-16x56

AGS SWAT 3-12x44

Bushnel Banner 4-12x40

Bushnel Trophy 4-12x40

Bushnel Legend 5-15x40

Falcon Menace 10X42

Falcon Menace 4-14x44

Leupold 10x42

leapers swat 3-12-44

MTC Optics Viper 4-16x50

MTC Optics Viper 6-24x56

Nikon Buckmaster 4-14x40

is it better to get a short scope duo to the fact you have to push scope right forward and will you need any special mounts,thanks.

is it better to get a short scope duo to the fact you have to push scope right forward and will you need any special mounts,thanks.
The size shouldn't be an issue. my own personal experience is find a scope that has a long eye relief so you can push the scope forward but its still usable and comfortable when you take the add-on off.

As for mounts some people prefer reach forward mounts,but it shouldn't really matter

Edited by pestcontrol121

dont no why they say not the compact 3x14x44 iv used one for the last two seasons no prob

pav the list is only what people have used so far and there is probably loads more. thats why i tried to give a bit more info by saying

the 1st and 2nd number on the scope is the most important, in most cases the lower the numbers the better the image

thanks for your advice.

AGS SWAT 4-16x56

AGS SWAT 3-12x44

Bushnel Banner 4-12x40

Bushnel Trophy 4-12x40

Bushnel Legend 5-15x40

Falcon Menace 10X42

Falcon Menace 4-14x44

Leupold 10x42

leapers swat 3-12-44

MTC Optics Viper 4-16x50

MTC Optics Viper 6-24x56

Nikon Buckmaster 4-14x40

is the ags 4x16x56 the elite tactical swat scope.thanks

Ive read on another forum that the little simmons 1.5-5x20 WTC is also very useable with the Pulsar.

Rgds Mick

That's correct Mick, i have tried it but would say its good for rat shooting not long range shooting

Would you say it would be adequate for rabbits to say 50yds? Im thinking of buying one of the Pulsar units for ratting as i have a 1.5-5x20 simmons wtc on my sub 12ft lb webley lite w-8 but would also like to use it on my fac rapid (simmons 3.5-10x50 WTC) for rabbits. I tend not to use much more than x5 mag when lamping and dont find myself shooting much more than 40yds or so.

rgds Mick