34 replies to this topic

#31 whin

whin

Extreme Hunter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 07:40 am

i am sure both ranat powderhall the mid eighties i saw one but was along time ago

#32 miles

miles

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 882 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:01 pm

Does anyone know if Ballyregan Bob was ever mated into he merlin and Eve line? which i believe produced Swoop , Caulfields Joe and Lucky?

yeah he was and was flints great grand sire http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... , he was put over a imported saluki
Bob was put to a smooth imported bitch,the litter sister to Darren Gallagers "Brigawn tepe gawra"
A brindle dog pup "beany" was put over "swoop"(merlinxeve) to get caufields "joe" I was out last thursday with a dog out of "joe" to "foxy" retrieving shot hares,good to think there,s a bit of bob still out there running and doing the buisness :clapper:

#33 tote

tote

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:09 pm

This dog made me a small fortune at the bookies back then - best Grew I ever saw.
Does anyone remember Scurlogue Champ - always looked out of it but came strong at the finish.

There was an invitation race between the two at a distance that was a bit shorter than scurlogue
champ usually ran and a bit longer than ballyregan dog liked.
If I remember correctly bob was away in front when champ jacked it.

#34 Cupid Stunt

Cupid Stunt

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:32 pm

If I remember correctly bob was away in front when champ jacked it.

He did that on more than one occasion as well but what a freak of a dog when he did make the effort.

#35 Gin

Gin

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:13 pm

There is a DVD out,- George Curtis Training Greyhounds, Ballyregan Bob is on that,- retired though.
Great tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users