greyhounds

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the not the smartest and can be injury prone, but get the right one and it will work as well as any lurcher

even with all the advantages from working a pure grey i wouldnt ever want to own one for just hunting, , while i was excersing them for a few years i loved every min i spent with them but at the same

well yes i would agree with that.my point i was making was about ex racers.and also i have to say ther racers who would pin another dog that came up to it,or try and break its own neck trying to break

Posted Images

The 1's ive seen only had 1 gear on everything and gassed out after afew runs also couldent turn due to the speed they were going to the quarry, they were bit brainless and couldent jump also poor recall, but ive allways said if you get a pup and bring it on as you would a lurcher i cant see why they wouldent do the job but as in any x it would have to be bred right, :thumbs:

there bones are honey combed as they have been bred to run fast for 100's of years,you carnt have a greyhound to do a lurchers job they just dont last,or get injured too often,they cross them for a reason lads,thats why we all dont have greyhounds to hunt with :icon_redface:

HAD AFEW GREYHOUNDS RUN THEM ON SOME DONE WELL SOME FEET BROKE UP ,THEY ALL TRIED AL TOOK FOX ETC WHEN IT WAAS LEGAL BUT JUMPING NO FETCHING IFFY THE [bANNED TEXT] TYPE YOU WILL GET A BIT FUN WITH THEM BUT ONLY ONE PART OF A GOOD DOG

well having kept greyhounds for many years id say,got to agree,they will run through walls and hedges to get at thier prey,also a factor i would take into consideration is they will kill small dogs sheep and anything else they happen to take a fancy to.a greyhound cross at least you can train it and to a degree where it is managable around other dogs which are a lot smaller than themselfs.im sure there are exceptions out there,but as a general rule a racing grey will see anything smaller than it as fair game.

well having kept greyhounds for many years id say,got to agree,they will run through walls and hedges to get at thier prey,also a factor i would take into consideration is they will kill small dogs sheep and anything else they happen to take a fancy to.a greyhound cross at least you can train it and to a degree where it is managable around other dogs which are a lot smaller than themselfs.im sure there are exceptions out there,but as a general rule a racing grey will see anything smaller than it as fair game.

:yes::thumbs:

SCOTHUNTER MOST GREYHOUNDS IVE HAD WERE 4 PAST AND I SOCALISED THEM FOR WEEKS TILL THEY WERE HALF TRAINED THEN TOOK THEM OUT WITH AN EXPIERENCED DOG TO TAG ALONG THEY SOON FOLLOWED DOG AND DONE ALRITE , never let them get near my ferrets or terriers even tho they got on fine were i hunt no live stock back then, just big arable ,so no worries about that they soon ,learned to get through an old fence or two hunted one wiith my lurcher terriers for 6 weeks came [bANNED TEXT] and was as tough as teak no whimpering nothing when she was busy ,would had never trusted her on her own tho with small mad patts specaily females mate, when getting a greyhound hit helps if the trainers are ngrc and no each one and there temprement etc as ive had chalk and cheese with them

SCOTHUNTER MOST GREYHOUNDS IVE HAD WERE 4 PAST AND I SOCALISED THEM FOR WEEKS TILL THEY WERE HALF TRAINED THEN TOOK THEM OUT WITH AN EXPIERENCED DOG TO TAG ALONG THEY SOON FOLLOWED DOG AND DONE ALRITE , never let them get near my ferrets or terriers even tho they got on fine were i hunt no live stock back then, just big arable ,so no worries about that they soon ,learned to get through an old fence or two hunted one wiith my lurcher terriers for 6 weeks came [bANNED TEXT] and was as tough as teak no whimpering nothing when she was busy ,would had never trusted her on her own tho with small mad patts specaily females mate, when getting a greyhound hit helps if the trainers are ngrc and no each one and there temprement etc as ive had chalk and cheese with them

Did you ever get any NGRC for cheap then...? Good 1's i mean.. :hmm:

ye i did thats another story tho got a bitch called com eon keera a [bANNED TEXT] good bitch why ask did i get agood one wouldnt had bred it if it was crap mate ,dont breed to crap if they dont do there work ,they go to heaven or trusted pet home,