small shoot syndicate costs

The syndicate I belong to costs £500 a year for guns. Beaters do not gey paid, however, they are often given a brace at the end of the day.

im a member of a small shooting sydicate roughly 70 bird days just wandered what people are paying how there shoot works do you pay beaters etc pm if prefered many thanks

The syndicate I belong to costs £500 a year for guns. Beaters do not gey paid, however, they are often given a brace at the end of the day.

im a member of a small shooting sydicate roughly 70 bird days just wandered what people are paying how there shoot works do you pay beaters etc pm if prefered many thanks

how many days shooting do you get what size bag and do beaters get a days shooting?

I'm suprised you get beaters without paying wages........

• Like 1

my local shoot is £1600 a year for guns and the gun also pays £30 a day for a beater..

how many days?

how many birds per day?

i dont know how many days of how many birds as its too rich for me.. airgun, ferrets and longnets for me..

I'm suprised you get beaters without paying wages........

Most beaters dont do it for the money, i beat for the enjoyment of working my dog. The shoot has a great atmosphere and there are many more rewards than money. I also shoot in a syndicate, £550 per year and £15 to cover beaters fees and a hot meal at the end of the day.

Most beaters dont do it for the money, i beat for the enjoyment of working my dog. The shoot has a great atmosphere and there are many more rewards than money. I also shoot in a syndicate, £550 per year and £15 to cover beaters fees and a hot meal at the end of the day.

I do agree with you to an extent but you can get away with that if you are a relatively small shoot that shoots 5 or 6 times a year maybe. I was more leaning to the larger commercial shoots where you will struggle too keep the same beating team if you dont pay, especially if they have to travel any sort of distance. I'd say the older generation that done it for a pie and a brace are dying out and you'd be lucky to get the younger 1's out of bed for £20/£30.

If 1 day i am lucky enough to be free off any money worries then i wouldn't take the £30 i get now, at the moment it buys the dog food and stands a few pints at the weekend........ :thumbs:

We put £750 each in and release 1000 pheasants and 350 duck. We have 10 guns and prob average 40 birds but also have a lot of walk abouts with a couple of guns for 6 or so birds plus duck flighting and roost shooting. We do all the work our selves and any beaters come for free but are allowed to shoot if a gun fails to show up. Most of our beaters are trying to get into the syndicate and come to keep their face in. We are always looking at new ways to do things and might try five standing guns and five beating as a beat one stand one system next year. We have massive amounts of land and our biggest problem is keepering time with larger amounts of poults, we have alot of public access so increasing the amount of birds is difficult without having a keeper, we would love to find the right person to do the keepering in return for a gun but its hard finding someone who lives up to their promises. We aim to be nothing more than a really good rough shoot but finding the right level can be difficult.

We put £750 each in and release 1000 pheasants and 350 duck. We have 10 guns and prob average 40 birds but also have a lot of walk abouts with a couple of guns for 6 or so birds plus duck flighting and roost shooting. We do all the work our selves and any beaters come for free but are allowed to shoot if a gun fails to show up. Most of our beaters are trying to get into the syndicate and come to keep their face in. We are always looking at new ways to do things and might try five standing guns and five beating as a beat one stand one system next year. We have massive amounts of land and our biggest problem is keepering time with larger amounts of poults, we have alot of public access so increasing the amount of birds is difficult without having a keeper, we would love to find the right person to do the keepering in return for a gun but its hard finding someone who lives up to their promises. We aim to be nothing more than a really good rough shoot but finding the right level can be difficult.

whereabouts are you dido ?