BSA Meteor MK4 .22 UPDATED on 03/03/2011

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi every one after a first failed paint job,i had to re-strip the action and start again. and now it is re-sprayed to my satisfaction!   here are some pics               i am nea

Posted Images

I bought a BSA Meteor about a year ago and have only used it a couple of times for plinking. The trigger is really stiff and thats why we havent really used it as i bought it for my son. I have tried adjusting the screw to the point that the spring doesn't lock then adjusted screw back slightly and it's still really stiff. any ideas ?

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi davy, I am doing a refurb on my old bsa meteor at the moment and was wondering what paint you ended up using? was it hammerite spray? And did you put a primer coat on 1st or just sprayed it on the bare metal, any help would be greatly appreciated

Atb

• 1 year later...

That's a very impressive refurb , it's inspired me to drag out my old 80's Norica 2.2 . I chrono'd my rifle and it was hitting 4ft lb so need to research spare parts and get it up to power and then i'll have a go at the stock. Could you tell me what oil you used for your stock ? :thumbs:

Hi davy, I am doing a refurb on my old bsa meteor at the moment and was wondering what paint you ended up using? was it hammerite spray? And did you put a primer coat on 1st or just sprayed it on the bare metal, any help would be greatly appreciated

Atb

hi Froudy

i used a plastikote primer,and a black satin BBQ plastikote,from wilko's.

but check out your local engineering firms,as a chemical blacking would be much better :thumbs:

That's a very impressive refurb , it's inspired me to drag out my old 80's Norica 2.2 . I chrono'd my rifle and it was hitting 4ft lb so need to research spare parts and get it up to power and then i'll have a go at the stock. Could you tell me what oil you used for your stock ? :thumbs:

hi Steve

i used a true oil,gives a good finish,and keeps it looking as it was suppose to do.