BSA Meteor MK4 .22 UPDATED on 03/03/2011

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi every one after a first failed paint job,i had to re-strip the action and start again. and now it is re-sprayed to my satisfaction!   here are some pics               i am nea

Posted Images

do you sell these guns when you have refurbed them, as i am looking for a cheap as possible gun as i am still a kid lol

atb

ian

hi ian

i am not planning too,no!

i would like to collect a mk1 mk3 & mk5

do you sell these guns when you have refurbed them, as i am looking for a cheap as possible gun as i am still a kid lol

atb

ian

not trying to be funny here mate but advertising that you are still a kid and wanting to buy an airgun is illegal and could drop the seller in the preverbial, they can only be sold to persons aged 18 and over

Darryl

atb

ian

not trying to be funny here mate but advertising that you are still a kid and wanting to buy an airgun is illegal and could drop the seller in the preverbial, they can only be sold to persons aged 18 and over

Darryl

Good point mate, although I imagine that he intended to let his parents buy the rifle on his behalf, in order to fully comply with the law. :thumbs:

Edited by Squirrel Shooter
  • 2 weeks later...

hi every one

after a first failed paint job,i had to re-strip the action and start again.

and now it is re-sprayed to my satisfaction!

here are some pics

BSAMK4re-sprayedandnearlydone.jpg

BSAMK4re-sprayedandnearlydone1.jpg

BSAMK4re-sprayedandnearlydone2.jpg

BSAMK4re-sprayedandnearlydone3.jpg

BSAMK4re-sprayedandnearlydone4.jpg

i am nearly there just need to put it all back together via some grease and oil :thumbs:

i will put pics up when its all back together :thumbs:

hope you enjoyed these pics

regards

Davy

• Like 1

As it 'appens a mate of mine is moving house and he's found an old Meteor in his loft that he'd forgotten about. He rang me yesterday to ask if I'd like it as he's not used it since he was a kid and he's 42 now..... Same as me.

I've no idea what it's like but it's not been used for nearly 30 years!!! I'm going to fix it up 'cos it'll be ideal for my boys to use :thumbs:

You've really done a class job there, Davy, nicely done :thumbs:

Cheers.

As it 'appens a mate of mine is moving house and he's found an old Meteor in his loft that he'd forgotten about. He rang me yesterday to ask if I'd like it as he's not used it since he was a kid and he's 42 now..... Same as me.

I've no idea what it's like but it's not been used for nearly 30 years!!! I'm going to fix it up 'cos it'll be ideal for my boys to use :thumbs:

You've really done a class job there, Davy, nicely done :thumbs:

Cheers.

thanks Andy

thought that might be coming my way then!!!! lol

nice one buddy

regards

davy

• 2 months later...

here what the bsa mk5 looked like when complete :thumbs:

newer than new

GEDC0235.jpg

Hi mate

What sight did you put on this one?

Im looking to do similar to my BSA mercury, the old sights are broken and I'm looking for a similar telescopic sight instead

cheers

Will

• 6 months later...

hi davy the guns looking great so far! just a couple of questions

what did you use to rub down the metal work to get it so shinny?

how much has this resoration cost you?

would a mk1 or 2 version be hard to sort?

or would i be best just taking it to a gun smiths?

the reason for this is because i well dad has one lying under his bed thatwe now have come to own over the last 7 years of it doing nothing. i believe its a mk1 or 2 because it doesnt even have a trigger gaurd

thanks lewis

how much would one of these go for roughly mate?

hi buddy

I am not sure !

but airarmsman will no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi davy the guns looking great so far! just a couple of questions

what did you use to rub down the metal work to get it so shinny?

how much has this resoration cost you?

would a mk1 or 2 version be hard to sort?

or would i be best just taking it to a gun smiths?

the reason for this is because i well dad has one lying under his bed thatwe now have come to own over the last 7 years of it doing nothing. i believe its a mk1 or 2 because it doesnt even have a trigger gaurd

thanks lewis

Hi lewis

I used a fine wet n dry to get the dry coat of,and plenty of elbow grease!

but you can use paint stripper,then shine it up with some wet n dry and a dab of oil,and fine wire wool.

these are great rifles to restore,and great for beginners.

cost: of repairs depends on what you find seized or broken!

but it wont be a lot,if you have the passion and time!

if you want just a general service then take it to the gun smith,but they are easy to service your self.

he wont strip it all back to bare metal for you "with out charging you a small fortune"

if you can find the serial number,then give BSA a ring they will tell you what MK it is

hope this helps

Davy

Il try and get it from my dads house and look at it properly then stick a few pictures up to show you.

Atb Lewis

Hi Lewis ,If you take a picture of the serial number and post it here that would help to find out what mark it is .

PIL