BSA Meteor MK4 .22 UPDATED on 03/03/2011

Can you spray direct onto wood or metal with plastidip?

hi buddy

i would say yes,as long as you take the right preparation,by sanding down and de-greasing :thumbs:

then it should be OK for a primer coat :thumbs:

regards

davy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi every one after a first failed paint job,i had to re-strip the action and start again. and now it is re-sprayed to my satisfaction!   here are some pics               i am nea

Posted Images

No messin' about with you Davy eh? Lol. Looking excellent. Lookin forward to pics of it all in one once you have finished

hi John

thanks buddy,it shouldn't be long now buddy :thumbs:

if i get the other parts by Saturday :whistling:

regards

Davy

Can you spray direct onto wood or metal with plastidip?

i have the feeling you can. plastidip have their own website so you can check out the stuff for yourself. i think you can even get the rubberised grippy stuff in greens and browns if you wanna camo-plasti-dip your stuff

My dads got hold of a meteor for me :) one of his mates had it for years went and had a new spring put in it to bring it up too legal limit and after two times out in the field it won't cock ? He gave it to me dad last night and before I even got to see it its in a gunsmiths being fixed now :) :) will post some pics when it gets here

Atb Ross

hi davy, that looks like you've done a cracking job buddy, what a transformation mate, well done indeed. dunno if you remember last year i was having a look at a meteor for a pal of mine, we gave up in the end cos he decided to buy his boy a new rifle instead, but i can safely say i would've done a vastly inferior job by comparison :notworthy:

nice work indeed sir

cheers, wurz

hows the meteor coming along now davy?

hi john

hows you? hope your fine!

i have a set back on the meteor,with the paint i applied its a bit sticky to touch when dry,so i am going to re-spray it with some hammerite high heat paint! similar to the BBQ paint Darryl was on about ,but a bit more expensive!

but the stock is all finished and butt pad too!

here is the pics

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

i have another meteor to do now its a MK2 :thumbs:

regards

davy

hows the meteor coming along now davy?

hi john

hows you? hope your fine!

i have a set back on the meteor,with the paint i applied its a bit sticky to touch when dry,so i am going to re-spray it with some hammerite high heat paint! similar to the BBQ paint Darryl was on about ,but a bit more expensive!

but the stock is all finished and butt pad too!

here is the pics

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

i have another meteor to do now its a MK2 :thumbs:

regards

davy

yeh davy im fine mate cheers. stock looks good, a world away from what it looked like when i send it to you :thumbs:

ive bought an old beech stock for my prosport that was a bit scratched etc, currently stripping the varnish with nitromors then going to sand it and paint it with that plasti-dip stuff, hoping for a tactical look when its finished. this is my first go at anything like this so hoping it turns out okay

cheers