Pheasant poults

Just wondering if anybody is hearing the price of poults in your area for this season. Looks like a ton of pellets will be going up around £70-100, gas up £5 a bottle and the ever soaring price of diesel will mean quite an increae?

:thumbdown: Heard on the grapevine Poults £4 a piece- Wheat £140-£160 a ton Pellets going up etc, and then you struggle to get a pound a brace for the bods. I like a lot of others give my time to help all year round for free! I think if we didn't their would be a lot more shoots pack up. :shok::shok:

Just wondering if anybody is hearing the price of poults in your area for this season. Looks like a ton of pellets will be going up around £70-100, gas up £5 a bottle and the ever soaring price of diesel will mean quite an increase?

:thumbdown: Heard on the grapevine Poults £4 a piece- Wheat £140-£160 a ton Pellets going up etc, and then you struggle to get a pound a brace for the bods. I like a lot of others give my time to help all year round for free! I think if we didn't their would be a lot more shoots pack up. :shok::shok:

Just wondering if anybody is hearing the price of poults in your area for this season. Looks like a ton of pellets will be going up around £70-100, gas up £5 a bottle and the ever soaring price of diesel will mean quite an increase?

Thats what am hearing too....between £4 and £4.30..........Looks like the shooting is going to have to go up by £2-£4 per bird

Thats what am hearing too....between £4 and £4.30..........Looks like the shooting is going to have to go up by £2-£4 per bird

OH has spoken to a couple of fairly big producers and they are talking 60p-80p a poult extra....

• 2 weeks later...

good quality grass reared poults in the yorkshire area with free delivery are expected around £3.60-£3.70 from the farmer i am going to this year.has anyone got an actual price on pellets from anywhere yet as masseys havent put their prices out when i rang.

Edited by dogga

good quality grass reared poults in the yorkshire area with free delivery are expected around £3.60-£3.70 from the farmer i am going to this year.has anyone got an actual price on pellets from anywhere yet as masseys havent put their prices out when i rang.

Not exact but pretty sure you not get much change out of £500 per tonne...... :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

i am selling poults at £3 still if anybody is interested? all are grass reared

I expect they are grass reared cause at that price I can't imagine they have seen much pellet :blink:

howdo you work that out :wallbash: just cause there cheap dont mean they aint been looked after properly

I expect they are grass reared cause at that price I can't imagine they have seen much pellet :blink:

howdo you work that out :wallbash: just cause there cheap dont mean they aint been looked after properly

You cant possibly be rearing them at that and your just making a c**t of it for everybody else...... :censored:

You cant possibly be rearing them at that and your just making a c**t of it for everybody else...... :censored:

trust me, i8 nam hatching them and rearing them and selling them for £3 a peice, if you dont beleive me go and buy poult elsewhere for 4.50

trust me, i8 nam hatching them and rearing them and selling them for £3 a peice, if you dont beleive me go and buy poult elsewhere for 4.50

How many are you rearing then...........? :hmm:

How many are you rearing then...........? :hmm:

now thats were there is a technical hitch. the method i am using only allows me at the moment to hatch about 500 eggs, i know its not great, but the profit margins are higher. the work involved may be a little more time consuming, but they do say you iether spend time or money