• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crack and bitches.

Mainly dried all-in-one ferret food with the odd pigeon and rabbit thrown in

any raw meat, rabbits, pigeons, pheassants, mince, chciken, pigs heads. the dry food is to expensive and makes them shit for england!!

so just a pure meat diet?

how often are you feeding them this?

The best diet is a variety of raw meat, anything you shoot or ferret and if you cant get out just buy some cheap chicken or mince from tesco.

The most convienient diet is dried food, but they dont like it as much, its not as good for them, makes them shit all day long and is to expensive.

The ONLY time i will feed dry is if i get a problem with flies in the summer but i have fly traps and during the summer i only feed at night and remove left overs in the morning.

They get as much meat as they will eat.

Long story short, if you are able to feed only raw meat then only feed them raw meat, nothing else. oh and a raw egg after work as a treat.

Aaron.

You can feed them whats been mentioned - but why wouldn't you feed them meat? You've got ferrets - there's no excuse :whistling: Mine get all game/vermin taken apart from fox. Also eggs and goats milk. And some dried food in summer if it gets real hot. They are obligate carnivores which means they can only really digest meat (or at least things with very high protein - hence egg and dry food).

we go out, we catch rabbits and the ferrets eat them :big_boss:

:thumbs:

• 3 months later...

i feeds mine rabbits and the odd fish heads in the winter.in the summer weather i would feed them the small dog nuts because the meet would go off and it would be drawing flies aswell.but i would give them some meet.i have a ferret here 6 years old and shes working great.feeding rabbits to ferrets dosnt encourage the ferrets to make a kill in the burrow.if anything it would encourage them to work better.and the odd time that my ferrets make a kill, the ferret would only stay down the burrow about 10 or 15 mins.i didnt have to dig out a ferret with a few years.