• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crack and bitches.

Mainly dried all-in-one ferret food with the odd pigeon and rabbit thrown in

Aye

If you feed meat then give veg/fruit etc as well, they love it.

I also find that the dry food makes for a cleaner run. less messy shits.

ATB

i am supprised they aint shitting through the eye of a needle feeding fruit & veg .. watch grapes though there known to be toxic to dogs & ferrets as are onions :thumbs: :thumbs:

Aye

ATB

i am supprised they aint shitting through the eye of a needle feeding fruit & veg .. watch grapes though there known to be toxic to dogs & ferrets as are onions :thumbs: :thumbs:

do you have ferrets?

what are you feeding them

Aye

ATB

All in moderation ! :thumbs:

I have to admit when they have had grapes I peel them and remove seeds,, bit ovva polava but it`s just a wee treat for them.

90% of there diet is meat and dry feed, anything else is just to vary there diet and as a treat.

Theres no such thing as a vegetarian ferret ,,!!! before anyone thinks of it!! :laugh::laugh:

Aye

ATB

All in moderation ! :thumbs:

I have to admit when they have had grapes I peel them and remove seeds,, bit ovva polava but it`s just a wee treat for them.

90% of there diet is meat and dry feed, anything else is just to vary there diet and as a treat.

Theres no such thing as a vegetarian ferret ,,!!! before anyone thinks of it!! :laugh::laugh:

I used to feed mine some fruit / veg and then realised it doesnt add anything that they cannot get from whole carcass, egg, goats milk, at least not that i noticed. My 6 go through 1 large rabbit/pheasant per day or a couple of pigeons etc.

Ferrets are carnivores, they need meat or meat based products, dont feed fruit or veg as the cant digest it so get nothing whatsoever from it, and saves the risk of them getting a blockage.

Also i would not ever give them grapes or raisins.. they are poisonous to ferrets and dogs..

any raw meat, rabbits, pigeons, pheassants, mince, chciken, pigs heads. the dry food is to expensive and makes them shit for england!!

so just a pure meat diet?

how often are you feeding them this?

i give mine game, fresh road kill,fish scraps,and offal from the butchers which they like and is free or dead cheap an when ya think about it in the wild an animal who has caught pray will always eat the stomach contents first cuz its got all the vitamins in.

Last winter mine were on rabbit and catmeat as well as dry food and would make a rabbit disapear all but a bit of fur in a day. During the summer I only gave them dry food to stop the flies and the meat getting infected. When the season started again they wouldn't eat the rabbit in the cage they just ragged it about, so I only give them dried food now. It has worked out good because if they get a deep kill that you cant dig to they will just sit on it until its dead and then come out, not sit eating it for hours.